Merc Sprinter 311 cdi Starter motor location

Benz1977

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
merc sprinter cdi 311
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help please ? I have a no start no crank issue on my 2007 cdi 311 sprinter can anyone advise me with a image if possible as to where the starter motor is located so I may check it out. I have been under the van 3 or 4 times and I just can't find it. Also could you advise is the starter relay under the drivers seat?? is it the grey little box ...I hope someone can help as I just want to be able to resolve this no crank no start issue..

the key was replaced a few month ago and that seems fine along with the ignition they seem to be working so im presuming its the starter ??? It has been driving fine no problems and all the electrics work etc etc, the ignition turns and all the engine lights do what they do and then on turn nothing ...

dirk111

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 313
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help please ? I have a no start no crank issue on my 2007 cdi 311 sprinter can anyone advise me with a image if possible as to where the starter motor is located so I may check it out. I have been under the van 3 or 4 times and I just can't find it. Also could you advise is the starter relay under the drivers seat?? is it the grey little box ...I hope someone can help as I just want to be able to resolve this no crank no start issue..

the key was replaced a few month ago and that seems fine along with the ignition they seem to be working so im presuming its the starter ??? It has been driving fine no problems and all the electrics work etc etc, the ignition turns and all the engine lights do what they do and then on turn nothing ...
Hello same problem ,is the grey one the starter relay ? thank you

dirk111

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter 313
Hello same problem ,is the grey relay the starter relay .? thank you

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom