Merc w203 changing cd player

norman1988

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2005 C200 kompressor
Hey guys if I was looking to change my CD player in my c class w203 04 plate I have a found a 7 inch replacement looks good also found the correct fascia for the front my question is do they require the steel cage for the installation and too keep the new CD player in place or something it’s a 2din?

Thanks.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
I think you will need the steel cage. You'll need to remove the decorative surround first. That usually has retaining clips above/behind the ashtray. You'll also need to remove the top central air grilles to get to the upper fixings which I think are TORX20. There's a few good Youtube videos which will show you how. Once the fascia is off, the original 1DIN head unit has lugs and is screwed onto the plastic frame, as is the pocket thingy under it. It's the same with a 2DIN COMAND unit. The steel cage will need to be inserted first and have some of the tangs bent in to the frame to secure it to the frame, then your new fascia plate should screw onto the frame in front of the cage and then you can slide your new head unit in.

OP
N

norman1988

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 2005 C200 kompressor
Lovely many thanks for that.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom