Mercedes Benz B class driving position

Dpan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160, E200
Anyone else finding the driver's seat of the B class difficult to be adjusted correctly?
No matter how hard I try it just doesnt seem to be right. Sometimes i feel that I'm seated too high or too low, sometimes too close or too far and the steering wheel never is at the right place. I also drive an E class and never had any problems at all and also having spoken with other b class owners I never found anyone finding the driving position uncomfortable. Any suggestions on finding the correct adjustment?

daveyjp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160 SE Blue Efficiency
No probs at all after 7,000 miles and I can do 3-4 hour drives and still feel comfortable.

Set the seat at a distance so you can operate the clutch, then stretch your arms out and adjust the seat back and steering wheel so your wrists rest on top of the steering wheel.

OP
D

Dpan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B160, E200
Already tried that, it's like setting on thing correctly and then needing to adjust something else. Usually I find that the steering wheel is too high even though i put it at the lowest point, and the seat is already set too high and don't feel comfortable if i put it even higher.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Try

lowering the seat squab (which may make you feel more comfortable) and raising the front edge of the seat. This effectively shortens your legs and enables you to sit closer to the wheel. It also encourages a more upright sitting position, flexed at the hips and knees, which might well reduce the risk of backache.

In the event of backache, tilt the rear of the seat back by a few degrees.

Worth experimenting and trying the options on these parameters.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
We are all different. I find the B class very comfortable. The driving position is straight not offset at all -as it is in so many cars. The steering wheel can be raised and lowered and adjusted for reach. The comfort seat option allows you to adjust seat height, tilt angle, backrest angle and gives you an adjustable lumbar support. Who could ask for anything more? I have driven several E's and several B's and find no problem in getting the B to emulate whatever position I like in the E -because everything is so adjustable.

I don't like the seat low and find it bad for circulation and for back-ache. So raise the seat till your head is a bit more than a full fist from the roof -maybe a tad lower. Now push the seat back till you can just safely control the pedals. Are your thighs fully supported? If not move further back or tilt the seat. Move wheel in and out till arms can drive with arms slightly crooked -not straight (usually means your wrists can touch the wheel at 3 and 9 0'clock).

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom