mercedes benz clk coupe 270 cdi

glenboll

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello,

I am new to this site/driving/Mercedes-Benz

I am looking to buy a mercedes benz clk coupe 270 cdi elegance Auto 2004 about 70,000.

Firstly, this is going to be my first car so I have never bought a car before is there anything in particular that I should look for with this model?

Secondly, does anyone have a vague idea, apart from gov stats, about actual mpg for this car?

Any help/ideas/input would be very much appreciated

Glen Boll

T1M4

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I had a 55 clk 220 CDI, it was manual so the mpg will be better than an auto in that respect, but on a run driving it carefully doing about 60 mph I would get between 50-52 mpg around town driving it will drop down.
With a 2004 make sure you check all of the wheel arches for rust.

avsdoyle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209/2004/320 Petrol
2004/2005 was around the time they changed from D2B electronic to I think MOST. This would impact iPod/iPhone integrations. MOST is more compatible with iPod/iPhone.

There is also the issue of Valeo Radiator problem to consider. Do a search on this forum.

I have a 2004 CLK 320 petrol from new and it is lovely car. 110k miles of enjoyment. Totally recommend it.

A little rust showing now in the wheel arches but the bodywork was much better - new paint/rust treatment was introduced around 2003/2004. Malcolm, known as Television on this site, has posted details.

Overall I would try go for a 2005+ car.

Main costs I had recently bushes/track rods on front suspension both sides (£800 over two year period). Wear and tear items due to mileage and road ramps. Crankshaft Sensor I think (£200), Rear Brake Pipes replaced due to corrosion (£180)

Last edited:
OP
G

glenboll

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello,

Thanks for the input its been a help. Ive found a nice model for a reasonable price and the car seems to be in good order (getting a mechanic to give it the once over first). I cannot wait to pick it up I hope that the car holds up and gives me many-a-mile of enjoyment.

Glen

Top Bottom