Mercedes bluetooth cradle help

s5aif

Reaction score
Hi,
When i bought my 2004 c class it was fitted with a pre wired telephone kit in the arm rest but has never worked. I had a cradle for the nokia 6230 and the phone would show as connected and would start charging but thats it. I though it was a fault with the cradle so i purchased a bluetooth cradle to go with my nokia 8800. The power goes into the unit and lights flash but thats it. I then took it to MB dealer and he says that it wont work with the audio 20 system. I dont know if he knows his facts but in the booklet for the bluetooth cradle it states instructions for use with audio 20 system. Has anyone used a bluetooth cradle with an audio 20 system and if it worked. I suspect i have some bad wiring.

ba9rn

Reaction score
Yes it works with Audio 20. Just follow the instructions. I initially tried by using the radio controls. But the instructions state that you need to use the steering wheel controls, and that did work. If you want to check the wiring, pull the cover off your bluetooth 'cradle' and put your SIM directly into it.

BTW, does the 8800 support Remote SIM (aka SAP)? That could be your problem. My phone is a 6230i. Though it did find my son's (non-SAP) phone - I did not attempt to pair with it. Did your display get as far as showing your phone name?

Last edited:
Top Bottom