MERCEDES C200 KOMPRESSOR W203 1.8 PETROL 2006 BONNET HANDLE BROKEN(GRILL)

slchesterfield

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 2004 2.7Diesel
Hi. I can't seem to find any relevant thread where this problem has happened to anyone else (or it could be me not looking hard enough!).

Anyway...the other day after pulling onto the drive the bonnet release handle that normally pokes out the front grill when the release handle is pulled was laying on the floor in front of the car. It had broken of the release mechanism under the bonnet.

Is there any way I can release the bonnet (after I have released the handle inside the car) it jumps up when release but as I am unable to pull the handle to lift the bonnet up...I can't?

Please tell me this is a simple job (i.e. I don't want to start climbing under the car as I have had back surgery and can't do it now). The replacement handle has cost me £7 (after market) so I'm hoping for a cheap basic fix or...is it a trip to garage?

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you look through the gap when the bonnet pops you should be able to see the catch. Flick it with a bent coat hanger and you should be able to release it.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom