Mercedes c350 w204 4motion full acceleration issue

Florin juravle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 w204
Hi
I really need your advese please. It is my first time on firum.
It hapens in first and second gear. The guys from mercedes told me I need to replace the gearbox. Another mechanic told me I need to replace the turbo Or actuator... please excuse my bad english
I have uploaded a vedeo on youtube

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’m not noticing anything except hard acceleration ?

OP
F

Florin juravle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 w204
Can you have a look at the tachometer. Also the car stops for a sec and i almost heat the windscreen with my head lol

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Looks like it slipping from that video, is the TC light flashing, I cant see it?

If it is, get it on star and read the codes before deciding.

OP
F

Florin juravle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 w204
No, it is not slipping. TC light is not flashing. The car is 4x4... it is just intrerruptin. At the last 3 seconds in the video it’s duing that...

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looks to me like the gearbox is slipping, I cant tell from the video whether its a gear change or not.

OP
F

Florin juravle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 w204
Yes, that was what they told me at Mercedes when they tested it. But it is strange that it cuts all the power not just slipping.

Sometimes it’s doing worst than this. It’s like the engine dies for 2 seconds and than it gets a lot of power. It’s like a manual car when you don’t sincronise the clutch as beginners. I don’t know how to explain. My enghish is not so good.
I will take a longer video tomorrow.
I really apreciate all your information
Thank you

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, that was what they told me at Mercedes when they tested it. But it is strange that it cuts all the power not just slipping.

Sometimes it’s doing worst than this. It’s like the engine dies for 2 seconds and than it gets a lot of power. It’s like a manual car when you don’t sincronise the clutch as beginners. I don’t know how to explain. My enghish is not so good.
I will take a longer video tomorrow.
I really apreciate all your information
Thank you

There is torque management from the engine ecu so that it will pull power if it detects the gearbox is slipping.

Is it a diesel or petrol?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom