Mercedes e350, automatic, diesel, 2011

MR S KOHLI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2011 V6 diesel auto
Hello guys So about 3 months back my car (Mercedes e350, automatic, diesel, 2011) began randomly doing a sudden jerk whilst driving, as if it was jumping gears, and then going into limp mode a retart of the engine would get it out of limp. At the worst point whilst I was coming to a stop at a traffic light it jerked and stalled, I switched it off and started it up again and was able to drive home but the CEL came on. I plugged in an ODB code reader and got the codes P2453 so took it down to the local indy garage who said the dpf was full and did a manual regen successfully and cleared the CEL, the car drove ok for a few weeks but the issue and CEL came back. This time with P2435 and P0335, I changed the DPF sensor and the Crank Position sensor and to my delight the CEL went away itself (I also cleared the codes using my reader) and the car was fine for about 1.5 months.

However about a 3 weeks ago the CEL kept coming on going off itself intermittently. I plugged in my reader and the code P2453 was back and stored, but as as the CEL went off itself I thought nothing of it. This intermittent CEL happened a couple of times with the same code and my local garage couldn't figure out what it was.

Getting to point, yesterday the car jerked again as if jumping gears, didn't stall but the CEL came on and went off after a few engine restarts. I plug in the reader and both the dreaded P2453 and P0335 are back again!

I am getting extremely agitated and confused as my local garage nor I have any idea what is going on! Please if anyone can shed some light on this I will be grateful. I am comfortable doing some handy work on the car myself if required.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hello and welcome. I’ve no idea what those codes mean sorry.

OP
M

MR S KOHLI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2011 V6 diesel auto
Hello there, here is what I get on the OBD reader

P2453 Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
What code reader are you using?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Where do you live so someone can recommend a garage who does know what they are doing ?

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Well certainly sounds like a DPF issue. Could just be differential pressure sensor. I am not saying throw parts at it.

Are you driving mainly short journeys around town? If so I would ceriously consider a different car before the granade the engine in this one.

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Loads of problems with NOx sensors on the 350 BE engines.
Just had the garage phone me re my intermittent EML on the C220BE. It needs 2 NOx sensors at 26k miles. Fortunately under extended warranty, although the garage thinks MB may have contributed.

ERnie

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
As said on the other thread, they are now using modified NOx sensors.

ERnie

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom