Mercedes is no longer a proper premium brand

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Tata has invested a lot in JLR.

Land rovers in satisfaction surveys don't do well but Jags too.

Look at that new F type. Stunning car and the finest drop top on sale IMHO

Have you seen the twisted tuned landrover defenders?

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Have you seen the twisted tuned landrover defenders?

Hate the things....

Only LR I'd get is a Rangie Sport or an Evoque. But I'd rather have a Cayenne V8 diesel.

I'm quite taken with the XF estate but IMHO the Jaaag that trounces all its competitors is the f type.

I'd have a white V6S F type in a heart beat

mickx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class Coupe E300 2.0 245hp AMG Line Premium Plus Auto (C238)
Peter, I apoligies for calling you a mushroom - as I do not know you this was unjust.

To be fair, the power of free speech and debate is a value most of us hold dear.

Happy to agree to disagree with your post; as a five series is...well!

To conlclude, please do share your views, as this thread demonstrates the power of debate.

Regards
Mick

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Peter, I apoligies for calling you a mushroom - as I do not know you this was unjust.

To be fair, the power of free speech and debate is a value most of us hold dear.

Happy to agree to disagree with your post; as a five series is...well!

To conlclude, please do share your views, as this thread demonstrates the power of debate.

Regards
Mick

Some mushrooms are just wonderful, others can kill you stone dead, yes it is nice to have free speech;):D

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Hate the things....

Only LR I'd get is a Rangie Sport or an Evoque. But I'd rather have a Cayenne V8 diesel.

I'm quite taken with the XF estate but IMHO the Jaaag that trounces all its competitors is the f type.

I'd have a white V6S F type in a heart beat

You would love a twisted defender this ones a V8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EhLM84ZQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMH3Ofa1N3w

They also do a tuned turbodiesel with the engine from the rangerover sport mated up to the autobox from the P38

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Some mushrooms are just wonderful, others can kill you stone dead, yes it is nice to have free speech;):D

It would be ok if they killed you stone dead...but usually it's a slow lingering painful death...be careful out there it's a jungle.;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It would be ok if they killed you stone dead...but usually it's a slow lingering painful death...be careful out there it's a jungle.;)

Not tried it yet, there were hundreds of mushrooms types in Sweden in the woods, I had the books but I could never tell the difference, Tesco it is then

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Hate the things....

Steven, a man of exquisite taste!

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216

LOL. That's good of you to realise when you offend someone whether in speech or in action. Thumbs up to you my man!

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
You would love a twisted defender this ones a V8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EhLM84ZQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMH3Ofa1N3w

They also do a tuned turbodiesel with the engine from the rangerover sport mated up to the autobox from the P38

It sounds great but the mechanicals will die quickly; if you are daft enough to want to put 500bhp in a high sided 4x4 you need to go the Porsche Cayenne/Toureg route. A G55/G63/G65 will survive mechanically but won't corner making it a wasted exercise like this LR beastie

wheelie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E280 Sport
Isn't it amazing how much mileage such a thread gets? Shame we dont see so many pages to owners that love their vehicles.

I have had 3 BMW's and 1 Mercedes and I can honestly write "Mercedes" wins it for me. As for being common? Well I'm not sure how to write about that actually, 6 figure salary, skinhead with a tattoo on the top of my right arm.

Mind you the skinhead is not a statement, it's simply a lack of folical options ;)

Ho hum ...

Pete

OP
Peter C1974

Peter C1974

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1985 W123 230E & 1991 W124 200E & 1999 W210 E240
This thread has gone mad. Why can't people understand that there does not have to be a right or wrong answer to every question? My opinion is different to yours, I am neither right nor wrong, the same goes for you. And Tom, Dick and Harry.

I'm out.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Isn't it amazing how much mileage such a thread gets? Shame we dont see so many pages to owners that love their vehicles.

I have had 3 BMW's and 1 Mercedes and I can honestly write "Mercedes" wins it for me. As for being common? Well I'm not sure how to write about that actually, 6 figure salary, skinhead with a tattoo on the top of my right arm.

Mind you the skinhead is not a statement, it's simply a lack of folical options ;)

Ho hum ...

Pete

I find the whole thing interesting, what could I replace my CL with, OK Mercedes I know very well, I love the way they drive, I have all the service gear and STAR. The BM's do nothing for me, I have had all the exotic cars of yesteryear. They can be painful in running cost.

Looks like I am stuck with Mercedes for a bit longer, I am well known on here so thats it.

Mind you my CL does drive beautifully ;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This thread has gone mad. Why can't people understand that there does not have to be a right or wrong answer to every question? My opinion is different to yours, I am neither right nor wrong, the same goes for you. And Tom, Dick and Harry.

I'm out.
Please do not leave the thread, there are some very good points raised all through. I have found it very interesting and thank you for that.:D:D

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I have a fairly mint 210 estate, nobody made anything comparable when I bought it.
Its let down by penny pinching and the usual rust worrys, but I still like it and I think only the size of the fuel tank would stop it going to the moon.
If I had endless amounts of money Mercedes Engineers would build my car.

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129

I'm out.

If it's any consolation I thought you raised some valid points. Don't take anything personally, that's the nature of forums.

As a previous poster said, Mercedes-Benz is a premium brand but not a premium product now and I think that''s a good way of looking at it.

Forums, doncha just love 'em?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

Ho hum ...

Pete

Oh how common...mentioning one's earnings...

obduro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55
If it's any consolation I thought you raised some valid points. Don't take anything personally, that's the nature of forums.

Yep, gotta be prepared to stand by your words no matter how controversial, and especially if it's a genuine opinion.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom