Mercedes v230 98 central locking/ alarm

Brandon Goode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V230 1998 2.3
Hi all,

I have brought a 1998 v230 and have been restoring to get her back on the road, i have done alot of work on her and im nearly ready to put in for MOT. I am having a lot of trouble trying work out whats going on with the alarm/central locking. When i first unlock the van the for the first 5mins or so all the hazard light are flashing theu then stops for a little while and start again? I guessed a problem with the alarm but it only dose it when the van is unlocked? I also cant find where the alarm controls are? Also when locking the van it dose a lock unlock cycle then if lock it again it will lock unlock lock?? Any help would be great thanks

OP
B

Brandon Goode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
V230 1998 2.3
Hi all,

Have manged to find the answer from a very nice mercedes mechanic. What it was is around the time of release mercedes decided to install thatch alarm but they where installed after market by mercedes techs when they did they installed thw alarm control unit in the dash somewhere normally apprently behing cemtral unit. When installed apprently the looms wpuld be spliced into. Hence why it may have been installed in different places. Also the reason why i could not find the 2 antitheft alarm fuses! They should have been installed under the seat but they are not! They are installed in line some where inside the dash. I have attached a picture of the alarm unit you need to find. Once found you need to trace it loom back intill you find the fuses check the fuse if one is blown replace it or pull them both! If you have the clicking noice that noice is coming from the alarm unit not ths indicator unit so this may help find the alarm unit. When i was looking for my alarm unit i found the fuses and pulled them both. I was so happy i finally managed to stop the hazards flashing i didnt look at the fuses till after i have neatly secured all the cable with cable ties back up in the dash i then looked at tje fuses and realised that one had blown so i could have replaced it. But i wasnt that fusses about the alarm anyway. But if you dont replaced fuse then you will still get the clicking from the alarm unit but it will not interfer with indicators. Like i say the fused loose in side the dash inline sith the loom. Mine had to little fuse cover on thwn you can pull them. I would first chexk behind steer wheel sort of lay back wards with a tourch and so you can see righg upside and look those ****** fuses!! If your lucky might find the fuses before you find the alarm!! Good luck

Attachments

• 1518219687703285984963.jpg
    1518219687703285984963.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 9

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
All i can find is fuse box location it said alarm and imobiliser fuse is in there. FUSES.jpg FUSES.jpg The best way to do this is to take it to an autoelectric garage a place that fit alarms they know the place of all the bits of the alarm system is located .

Attachments

• CIMG5568.JPG
    CIMG5568.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 2

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom