Mercedes W210 - 320 CDI Auto

Bert Lad

Reaction score
I had a strange experience this morning ! I had not driven my car for over a week and I started from cold this morning (temp reading was -1.5 c) I noticed that there was no gear change even when i was doing 40 mph . The rev counter was close to red at this speed . I tried to trip the gears to lower drives but this did not work either - it stayed on D. After about 5 miles of driving , I stopped and switched the engine off , Waited a few minutes , started and tried the trip gear and it worked this time ! I drove and the car behaved well after this.

Has anybody experienced this before ? What is the likely reason and by driving in this condition could I have done any damage ?

Thanks in advance
Bert

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
have the same gearbox, , mine will lock up once in a blue moon, the only way to get out of it is to stop the car, select N or R, the go back to D and its fine for months,dont worry about it.

Malcolm

big al

New Registration
Reaction score
sprintshift auto frustrating

My sprinter has a sprintshift that was done up less the 5k miles ago ,the pump, relay,thrust bearing were replaced. It now intermitterly shows F (fault) and leaves me stranded. After a few hours F disappears and I am on the go again. The dealer has had a few goes but now its happened again they want to pull out the gearbox again (AT MY COST) . It seems like an electrical fault as there is no apparent gearbox problems before the F strikes again.
My wife wont even goes out in it again. Any clues ?
Allan

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
Mine's done this once in about 18 months - same remedy as you, been fine since.

Top Bottom