Methanol for S600 biturbo?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I’m finding the P Zeros which I normally hate with a passion actually pretty good in this hot weather , the rears are c60% worn and seem to have hit their ‘sweet spot’ - unfortunately I know only too well with them that this will likely change rapidly in a decline. I’m expecting noise and lack of grip in a month or so which is why I’m researching now.
I don’t like having mixed brands so the Falkens are appealing in that I can replace all 4 even though the front P Zeros ain’t that bad, at only a shade over 2 x AS3 or PS4 or similar.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I’m finding the P Zeros which I normally hate with a passion actually pretty good in this hot weather , the rears are c60% worn and seem to have hit their ‘sweet spot’ - unfortunately I know only too well with them that this will likely change rapidly in a decline. I’m expecting noise and lack of grip in a month or so which is why I’m researching now.
I don’t like having mixed brands so the Falkens are appealing in that I can replace all 4 even though the front P Zeros ain’t that bad, at only a shade over 2 x AS3 or PS4 or similar.

I had Pzero's all round, and changed the rears when I had the alloys refurbished as I disliked them so much. The fronts I will change at some point in the near future.

I had bought 7 tyres in a month so had to hold fire, stupid tyres...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I had Pzero's all round, and changed the rears when I had the alloys refurbished as I disliked them so much. The fronts I will change at some point in the near future.

Interestingly I was looking at another member’s 213 E63 4 Matic a couple of weeks ago and the front Michelins were pretty much gone after I believe less than 5k (I might be wrong on the figure but not much), the rears were in better condition - the delivery through 4 wheels is quite brutal.

OP
V

V12TTGUY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S600 Biturbo
I just think that amount of power will be too much for any tyres, including slicks. Caution is the order of the day, chaps. I felt wheelspin at 80 overtaking in the wet, in my humble SL55, with a mere 700NM, so I dread to think what you guys get. I did not look down to see whether the orange triangle ESP light had come on, for understandable reasons.

That’s a powerful beast you have though.. supercharged isn’t it? :D

OP
V

V12TTGUY

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S600 Biturbo

Have you ever tried Goodyear eagle F1 ?
I had them on my 535d which was tuned up to 383 hp and 570 lbs torque.. took it to Nurburgring twice and heavy foot driving for about 10k miles when I had to replace them

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Have you ever tried Goodyear eagle F1 ?
I had them on my 535d which was tuned up to 383 hp and 570 lbs torque.. took it to Nurburgring twice and heavy foot driving for about 10k miles when I had to replace them
No, I may give them a try when I wear mine out!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom