Misfuel then two stroke

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
I can say I too have never noticed a fuel consumption improvement..
But I notice a fair difference in smoothness of running.
On my C270 Cdi's I noticed a lot more of a difference. It seems that later ultra refined Diesels don't show such a marked improvement in smoothness as they are already as refined as heck..

But do remember the primary reason for using the oil...
Its to add lubricity to the Diesel fuel.. Its a preventative measure..
My CLK320 Cdi does show a difference in running smoothness but your engine Carl is a much later variant than mine..

To sum up.. For running smoothness the greatest difference is to the older generations of Diesel engines..

But High pressure pump / injector protection is applicable to all generations of Diesels.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I've no doubt it will be making better lubricity. I'm just curious to see now how it's going to fair once I stop using it. :)

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I'm very surprised you didn't notice an improvement in noise and smoothness, even my wife comments she feels the car running rough if I forget to add 2 stroke. Maybe the latest diesel engines are so well insulted from the passenger cab that you don't notice the improvement?

Russ

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I'm very surprised you didn't notice an improvement in noise and smoothness, even my wife comments she feels the car running rough if I forget to add 2 stroke. Maybe the latest diesel engines are so well insulted from the passenger cab that you don't notice the improvement?

Russ

The engine was always quiet for a diseasel, even outside the car. It's a 2011 C350 CDI.

Once I stop using it I'll let you know if it sounds worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom