missifre and stall 216 5.5

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
on way back from hull this evening when just after I got refuel warning the big fell started jerking ( flashing EML each time ) a bit like when the CPS failed a year or so back , then after another couple of miles he stalled at a junction , immediately restarted ( thinking not CPS ) again pretty violent jerking the rest of the journey home and again stalling at a junction but restarted as normal , not had time to plug in yet but any ideas ? possible coil pack ? plug ? or just low fuel pressure ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Hmmm not sure, did you plug it in now?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
what would yr rpm be just before engine stall.

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
found no codes relating to a misfire , just a couple for low voltage but the battery went flat 2 weeks ago so I put them down to that ! refuelled and did around 12 mles at varying speeds and he was faultless , like nothing had ever happened , so I guess it was down to low fuel level and admittedly that's the lowest ive ever run him down too

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
right !!!!!! fuel press ussualy quite low just before its ran out.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
found no codes relating to a misfire , just a couple for low voltage but the battery went flat 2 weeks ago so I put them down to that !
Oh no no no.

Low voltage is a killer and is caused by poor connections. Low voltage to the coil packs can cause misfire and low voltage in my case led to a poor electrical supply to the engine ECU, which in turn also caused misfire.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
Low battery will kill the car .They are made to cut off, thats if power is to low to keep information in the computer
If there's enough power to start the car then alternator takes over as soon as it's running. Once running the alternator will increase the the system voltage from 12.6V to 14.4V. It may be worth checking the alternator output, but generally speaking the dash will light up if there's an issue there.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
Any vehicle over 10 years will start to suffer with electrics. On mine there was so much resistance in the ground earth strap from engine to chassis I'm surprised it worked at all.

Plugs become slightly corroded and therefore increase resistance, it can be a utter nightmare tracing these issues.

A friend's Subaru would stall immediately on starting and continue to stall until warm, then it was fine. We found the plug to the temperature sensor created more resistance than it should, add that resistance to the sensors own resistance and the ECU always thought the engine was warmer than it actually was. So the cold start sequence never engaged. His was a 2004.

Hours melt away when testimg electrics.

Nightmare.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Ain't that the truth. And then MB helped by making self disintegrating looms in the 90s....

You'd be bored without such shenanigans...............

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ive just cured a Mitsubishi L200 with a strange electrical issue , codes said MAP sensor but it was actually the connector to the MAP that was corroded internally , cleaned it up and she runs like a dream ! that's cars for ya

Top Bottom