ML 270 70+ stall / miss

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Hi to you all once again
I still have the 70mph+ stall / misfire
having striped the inlet manifold cleaned swirl flaps and rebuilt tested for some 3000k miles I still have the problem
I can now rule out the egr valve which I mechanically monitored today whilst reproducing the 70+ stall / miss and found it not to be the cause of my problem (I'll write the method up when I get digi cam back)
The problem relates to a thread I started (ML 270 cdi misfire) but thats a while back so here goes again
Thanks Kevin

OP
kebo57

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Panasonic recommended I phone George Frazer which I did he is a top man he doesn't no me from Adam but he listened to my problem
He reckons that it could be an injector he told me a rough test for the injectors that I will try tonight if no joy then I must phone him back
Kevin

OP
kebo57

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Ml 270

Hey up its me again just an up date

I have an improvement after a service

I drove on the motorway after work to night about 60 miles and the problem has almost gone

I drove at the speeds that would create the problem 70 – 100 mph with & without cruise and the motor was almost as it was when I bought it

The stalling, our what feels like missing, our like vibration was almost unnoticeable,

There is still a slight hesitation when I gently accelerate but only very slight it could probably be masked with crafty foot work on the accelerator pedal

I didn’t go mad trying to reproduce the problem I called in at friends to pick some cans up for this weekend and drove back home motor way 40 mile and it was almost ok.

The thing now is that I have only changed the engine, gear box oil, and I pulled the small rubber pipe of the bottom of the turbo actuator the one from the vacuum and watched the actuator shaft till it stopped moving revved it a few times then replaced it, sort of watched it recover back to where it wanted to be, and that’s about it.

But only drove to work and back A roads speeds that don’t seam to affect it, so I didn’t now that I had this improvement

Any ideas Kevin

OP
kebo57

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Have you considered an engine mount problem?
Hi BlackC55 first of all thanks for your reply
I spoke to you on the phone regarding this problem and you where very helpfully I said that I would post this fact in my thread but I never did sorry about that

I QUOTED "I have an improvement after a service"

When I say service I only changed the engine oil & filter also the auto fluid
after 14500 miles
I changed the auto fluid when I bought the motor 14000 miles ago I managed to drain 4.5 lts and replace with new. This time I managed to drain 5.2 lts and replace with new by cracking the banjos open on the pipes that lead up to the oil cooler & letting the oil drain for about ½ hr

The thing now is that I have only changed the engine, gear box oil, and I pulled the small rubber pipe of the bottom of the actuator the one from the vacuum and watched the actuator shaft till it stopped moving revved it a few times then replaced it, sort of watched it recover back to where it wanted to be, and that’s about it.

But only drove to work and back A roads speeds that don’t seam to affect it, so I didn’t now that I had this improvement

Here is a QUOTE from a good friend that I PM "thanks once again"
The one thing you have done that would have made a significant difference is to have changed the gearbox oil..........maybe it was the gearbox that was causing all the problems that appeared to be engine related?

Also could this be relating to the 'hydraulic electric plate' within in the auto box which apparently can cause strange things to happen when fine metalic particles collect on it and cause electical 'shorts'.

Thanks Kevin
PS I leave for tent to night 18.00 hrs so I might not be able to respond immediately to replies (its a 600 mile round trip lets see if I still have the improvement then)

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom