ml 270 cdi 02/52

stephen_scully

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 270 02/52
Hi,

I have a problem with my mercedes autobox hoping someone can advise me,

the ml will drive and go up and down through the gears fine untill forth, the revs jump by a thousand befor engaging? also when i kick down its as if the ml is jumping out of gear and going into neutral.

i can stop go into park switch the engine of restart and i have all my gears back. does any one have any idea of what could be the issue,

Thanks

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
It would be an idea to start with the basics and check the fluid level/ condition is ok.

You will then need to get the car to someone with star to have it tested

OP
S

stephen_scully

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml 270 02/52
thanks

should i be doing an oil and filter change and then a diagnostics and just go through an elimination process?

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
My ml did exactly the same thing, flaring on the 4th/5th change and randomly losing drive which was restored after an engine restart, a subsequent oil and filter change made no difference at all.

I suspected the electro plate/valve block (in the gearbox) to be the culprit but happened across another low mileage gearbox from a write-off which, after fitting, sorted my problem.

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
Valve bodies are a common cause for this on the ml. It is, however important to get the basics checked first

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom