ml 270 cdi wont start fuel pump !!!!!

tel067

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 ml270cdi
i have a had issues starting this car for a while the top of the fuel pump was damp with fuel so i checkd the clear fuel pipes and found the o rings had worn so i replced the fuel pipes now i can not get the car started i have trie for an hour of constant cranking i have done a injector leak off tet all good when cranking i can see the fuel getting to the low pressur pump then to the high pressure pump but can not seem to gt the fuel to the fuel rail any help would be great i am pulling my hair out thanks in advance :Oops::Oops::rolleyes:

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
Hi you say you can see fuel getting to low pressure pump are you saying it as small low pressure pump on top of high pressure?

OP
T

tel067

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 ml270cdi
yes thats right the fuel is getting to the low pressure pump and then you can see it getting to the high pressure pump a bit frothy when cranking mind you removed the pressure sensor and no fuel in the fuel rail

Last edited:

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
Have had a couple of eclass 220cdi, with low pressure pump faults fitted new pump now ok.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You could have an injector dumping fuel into the cylinder, try starting with the assistance of some easy start, if it fires up, you know you have an injector issue and a star test to check the mg/hub values will tell you for sure.

If the car has less that 1/4 tank of fuel then top up with diesel and try to start, if starts it could be an issue with the HPP not cycling the leaked off fuel correctly and filling up the l/h side of the tank and not syphoning it through the r/h side of the tank allowing it to be drawn to the engine.

If you have access to someone with a star machine you will be able to check if it has rail pressure or not something you have to check next really.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom