ML 270 front disc replacment

JCWSML

Reaction score
Is there any body out there to advise how to do this or a source of information? Haynes manuals dont appear to cover this model. I have new discs but do I need pads and sensors too? The dealer says the disc is 0.5mm to thin. I will run it for a bit until I am sure I can do the job thoroughly and I would be pleased to hear from any one whos got some experience.
Model is 2001 ML 270 auto diesel.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Is there any body out there to advise how to do this or a source of information? Haynes manuals dont appear to cover this model. I have new discs but do I need pads and sensors too? The dealer says the disc is 0.5mm to thin. I will run it for a bit until I am sure I can do the job thoroughly and I would be pleased to hear from any one whos got some experience.
Model is 2001 ML 270 auto diesel.

Welcome to the Forum.

I daresay someone will be along very soon to help/advise you. They have more technical knowledge than I have.

A210AMG

Reaction score
Hello,

If the pads havn't been changed since you have owned the car while your doing the discs and bit are apart I would pop in new pads.

I'm about to change the wifes on her A class, guess the process is the same...doing this over the 'Christmas' break.

Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Its always a good idea to replace the pads when fitting new disks, personally i wouldnt fit new disks without new pads, MB supply the pads with new shims etc already copper eased up ask for new wear sensors at the same time 4 I think on your ML.

easy enough to do, caliper needs to come off to get the disk off but easy otherwise. 15mins per side.

jib

OP
J

JCWSML

Reaction score
Thanks to all who posted comments I will have a go and let you know how I get on. Any advice on source for PADS and sensors would be helpful.

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
MB dealer to be honest, I think Malcolm swears by EBC also.
jib

A210AMG

Reaction score
Hello,

I had prices for my wiifes A class from euro carparts etc and thought they were ok, rang the stealer just to check as the brakes on the wifes a class (discs) are vented and have holes in? (Amg ones) so thought they would be expensive.

To my suprise they are about £5 more than euro car parts for genuine parts, I needed the Vin number before they would quote but the guy even checked the brake in the stock to see it had the drilled holes and vented bit.

I would change the pads to EBC's (green stuff?) purely to help on brake dust but then the sensor will not work?

cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello,

I had prices for my wiifes A class from euro carparts etc and thought they were ok, rang the stealer just to check as the brakes on the wifes a class (discs) are vented and have holes in? (Amg ones) so thought they would be expensive.

To my suprise they are about £5 more than euro car parts for genuine parts, I needed the Vin number before they would quote but the guy even checked the brake in the stock to see it had the drilled holes and vented bit.

I would change the pads to EBC's (green stuff?) purely to help on brake dust but then the sensor will not work?

cheers

The sensor works on EBC

Top Bottom