ML270 ABS LIGHT (Tale of woe)

ferrispedro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 CDI
I have asked before on the forum about an intermittent abs light in the instrument panel. It has been coming on more frequently of late so I took it to my (non MB) mechanic whose diagnostic machine indicated a faultty nearside wheel sensor. He replaced this (£80) and my intermittent light became a full on light. He recommended an auto spark who helped me in the past and I have juust picked up the car from him. Wait 'till you hear this! My ABS lamp had been wired to the EPC socket and its bulb removed! So basically what he told me was that for 4 years I have been driving about with no ABS! His machine showed up codes C1100 l/h sensor and C1401 HP return pump faulty. He tells me that I need an ABS pump and Control unit. How could someone be so devious as to disguise a problem and sell a car on?
Problem is what to do next? How much for a pump and control unit and can a second hand control unit be re-programmed? Experts help required!!!

Last edited:

mlmark270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270CDI 2002
Devious

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but that is a dispicable thing for the previous owner to have done. I hope you can sort it out at reasonable cost. If you bought it from a dealer I would speak to trading standards.

Mark

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom