Ml270 Egr Valve?

deadly

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Great site and obviously full of enthusiasts.I have 03 ML270tip,80,000miles.Owned 3 years.Been great till lately.Started with a strong smell of diesel from front of car.Then six weeks later noticed dripping from intercooler pipe at connection to egr vave.Removed pipe and inside very thin black oil/diesel residue and black soot and gum on spindle of egr vale.EGR removed and cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner,turbo removed and sent to rebuilders.Turbo returned as no fault found.Back together and watch closely for 2 weeks@700 miles a week.Remove intercooler pipe again to see oil type resdue and carbon build up on spindle again.Investigated further but only found a slight gum deposit on number 5 injector,removed and ultrasonic cleaned and new washer.Refit.Not noticibly down on power and still 26 mpg at 80mph.Has anybody any ideas?
Greatly appreciated chris

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
The oil film is normal. Nothing to worry about.

If it is down on power get the fault codes read and some live data analysed. This will help you come to the bottom of your problem.

Hope this helps

psmart

Reaction score
Info from Turbo Technics is that these Turbo's cannot be rebuilt by non-Garrett workshops because the kit to balance a VNT Turbo is prohibitively expensive. I bought new as I couldnt source a reconditioned unit other those supplied by Merc.

Oil in the Intercooler/inlet manifold is normal, but excessive could be because of the seperator (take off engine covers, front left side, a big discus black object), this seperates engine oil from the crankshaft/rocker vapour prior to it being recirculated into the inlet tract and combusted. If this is failing, you could be getting a lot more oil into the inlet. If the Turbo is ok, then no oil can be leaking into the inlet from it. Whats the engine oil consumption like?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom