MMI Lead

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
Does anyone have a part number for a Bluetooth MMI lead that will plug into my glove box? Unless anyone has any feedback on aftermarket ones such as the ones on ebay?

Thanks

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Does anyone have a part number for a Bluetooth MMI lead that will plug into my glove box? Unless anyone has any feedback on aftermarket ones such as the ones on ebay?

Thanks

Bluetooth doesn't have wires (its a low powered radio signal)

might be worth checking if there's any command updates, some head units can be updated to enable Bluetooth streaming

this claims to work, when some are saying the original doesn't on pre 2013 cars (but I think they are muddled)

https://www.amazon.com/JeeGO-Interf...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1XNADH7K29JE0DCAJT3Z

OP
dannyfiveforty

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
Sorry, I am referring to something similar to this..

https://picclick.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-Cable-USB-MMI-System-AUX-182483887704.html

As for a software update is there a way of finding out what software version I currently have?

Also, (incase a software dosnt work) I have been doing a bit more research and was wondering does anyone have any experience with A2DP interfaces? Apparently they work on MB cars and do all the features of a bluetooth receiver but also mirror the phone screen onto command screen..

Thanks

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
there's no way a cheap bt gadget on the end of a cable can screen mirror.... (see further your terminology of mirroring is incorrect) it will need proprietary merc software in the comand unit to achieve this.

you won't get screen mirroring on the comand unless its one of the very latest cars - model year late 2016 onwards and even then ONLY if the expensive option for android auto or apple car play was spec'ed on the car when it was bought

these days all the car manu have cottoned on to aftermarket coding, so it won't just be a case of friendly bod with xentry turning it on to save you giving Merc £500 extra when you buy the car. It will only be for those late cars and will be time limited and a pay option going forward, very few manu retro writes improved software other than security and safety glitches

a2dp is just a std for cable less transmission of noise, it doesn't provide any remote control capability

as for the link you gave, depends on your phone and the car, if the car is newer than 2009 with comand option and you have an apple phone then you get good functionality and should see the track and artist info on screen - although a bovee is a better idea (viseeo) better quality and sound

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bovee-WMA3...qid=1500735638&sr=8-1&keywords=bovee+mercedes

you want to do this well not with cheap chipset that sounds awful, and if you have windows or android phone then I suspect you wont get any functionality other than its noise streamed. no car related buttons will work, no artist info will show on the comand screen and all interaction with the phone will be via the phone which is of course dangerous and illegal if driving

Last edited:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
if you are talking about this car 2011 W221 S350L CDI - does it not allow you to stream music on your phone to the car via Bluetooth (using the A2DP profile) as std ? if its 2008 or earlier then they can't

dig round the menus

OP
dannyfiveforty

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
Many thanks for your detailed reply, I have had a good look in the menus but can only connect my phone via Bluetooth for phone calls, seems no option for streaming music. It is 2011 car and is a little frustrating as the capability is there as it works great for making and receiving calls.

Many thanks

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
just been looking, no, NONE of the 221s support BT music streaming, which is incredible the facelift missed out (but seems doesn't from the posts I've just been reading on other forums)

some 2011 E class with comand are the ones that can get a firmware update to enable (if lucky enough to have the slightly later head unit) I'd go with the viseeo (now bovee), I suspect will be most reliable, most functionality and best music quality...

but if you have android or windows u will be severely disappointed with only sound and no info or car buttons to navigate the phone

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom