More about buying an import, spec wise.

G-a-r-y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 320 CDi, SLK 200 R171.
Looked at a E320 CDI Avantgarde 51 plate 60k miles full English spec?? at a VW dealer today and I welcome your opinions please.

This would be my first mercedes and I'm not sure if this car has good or bad spec, being an import. There were a lot of buttons and switches which I found a bit confusing, I will list what I can remember and welcome any advice.
Seven seats and a CD changer in the the boot which closed with a motor.
Folding mirrors, seperate air conditioning and vents in the center arm rest. Electric heated seats. Rain sensing wipers, cruise control, headlamp washers-no zenons! Steering wheel had loads of buttons which worked a LCD dash display thingy. I think an alarm with ultra sonics in the roof and Keyless entry??
Front and rear parking sensors with a display in the middle of the dash wood trim. I was told anti hijack??
A switch with a picture of a tow truck??
A switch with snow down by the gear changer??
ESP switch.

A bit of rust, only on one door at the top behind a rubber seal.
And a warning came on saying Decrease engine oil level. Which the garage did and after another test it did not come on again, the heater plug light stayed on for about five minutes, I have been told that it indicates a glow plug failure.
That's it I think.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
G-a-r-y said:
Looked at a E320 CDI Avantgarde 51 plate 60k miles full English spec?? at a VW dealer today and I welcome your opinions please.

This would be my first mercedes and I'm not sure if this car has good or bad spec, being an import. There were a lot of buttons and switches which I found a bit confusing, I will list what I can remember and welcome any advice.
Seven seats and a CD changer in the the boot which closed with a motor.
Folding mirrors, seperate air conditioning and vents in the center arm rest. Electric heated seats. Rain sensing wipers, cruise control, headlamp washers-no zenons! Steering wheel had loads of buttons which worked a LCD dash display thingy. I think an alarm with ultra sonics in the roof and Keyless entry??
Front and rear parking sensors with a display in the middle of the dash wood trim. I was told anti hijack??
A switch with a picture of a tow truck??
A switch with snow down by the gear changer??
ESP switch.

A bit of rust, only on one door at the top behind a rubber seal.
And a warning came on saying Decrease engine oil level. Which the garage did and after another test it did not come on again, the heater plug light stayed on for about five minutes, I have been told that it indicates a glow plug failure.
That's it I think.

Sounds nice, don't forget to check the front cross member under engine

malcolm

flagstaff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'94 E220 Cab
a 51 plate with rust ... what's that all about?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom