More on supercharge but on 4 cyl engine

kit820

Reaction score
I read quite a few threads about people wishing to supercharge their 6 cylinders engine. I wonder whether I could do the same for my 4 cylinders 2.3l engine on my w210. I recently came across a CLK 230 kompressur currently being dismantled at a scrap yard and I am fairly confident that I could get a good deal on parts from the breaker. Could this be a simple matter of dismantling certain parts from the CLK and bolting them onto my e-class. Engine transfer unfortunately isn't really a straight forward option given the local law that I have to face with. Thanks

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I can't see it being that simple. I suspect about the only thing identical between the two will be block itself. The pistons, valvegear etc probably aren't. the ECU will be different etc etc. Also, as there was never a E230k produced, I wonder whether the compressor would actually fit under the bonnet. Must be easier and cheaper to simply swap it for an E320.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom