Multi Car Insurance

Matt_EClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 2005 E55K & 2015 ML350
All, need some suggestions on Ins companies that you all use that do multi car policies. Im over 50, current Ins is Adrian Flux, I have a multi car policy that is about to renew, the 2 cars I have on the policy are 2005 AMG E55 (no mods), does about 3000 miles per annum (its my second car), social & Domestic only, fully comp, the other car I have is a 2007 280cdi eclass Estate, that does about 10000 per annum (commuting, social & Dom, fully comp.

I have 13 years no claims, live in a decent place. No claims or convictions in last 5 years. Renewal with Adrian Flux £1300 odd for a year, just got a comparison from Admiral, they want £1200 per year!

Im not a nightclub owner or some other high risk person, is that right that I should be paying that much? Im over 50 now! what insurance companies do you "merc" guys use that are reasonable?

This is more interesting at the moment as I need to get rid of the diesel estate (its not ULEZ Compliant and I live inside the M25) and Im toying with the idea of getting an ML63 Bi Turbo (as i tow a caravan) but if im paying that much for 1 AMG and a normal car, what will happen if I have 2 AMG's??

Thanks All

Matt

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I've noticed insurance renewals are mental this year :( all start as double last year and so far I've not been able to get close to my premiums for last year :(

I'd look at putting them into separate policies rather than a multi - it might work out cheaper. (I've 6 different polices for my 4 cars and 2 bikes...)

ChrisKnottIns

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisknott.co.uk
Your Mercedes
na
All, need some suggestions on Ins companies that you all use that do multi car policies. Im over 50, current Ins is Adrian Flux, I have a multi car policy that is about to renew, the 2 cars I have on the policy are 2005 AMG E55 (no mods), does about 3000 miles per annum (its my second car), social & Domestic only, fully comp, the other car I have is a 2007 280cdi eclass Estate, that does about 10000 per annum (commuting, social & Dom, fully comp.

I have 13 years no claims, live in a decent place. No claims or convictions in last 5 years. Renewal with Adrian Flux £1300 odd for a year, just got a comparison from Admiral, they want £1200 per year!

Im not a nightclub owner or some other high risk person, is that right that I should be paying that much? Im over 50 now! what insurance companies do you "merc" guys use that are reasonable?

This is more interesting at the moment as I need to get rid of the diesel estate (its not ULEZ Compliant and I live inside the M25) and Im toying with the idea of getting an ML63 Bi Turbo (as i tow a caravan) but if im paying that much for 1 AMG and a normal car, what will happen if I have 2 AMG's??

Thanks All

Matt
Although we can do multi-car policies, it rarely works out cheaper, in our experience. If you're willing to consider insuring vehicles separately, please give us a call.

Rates have gone everywhere but we've been able to help lots of club/forum members with our price match or beat facility.

Our number is 0800 028 6463, or you can complete our webform to request a call-back. https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/motor-insurance/car-insurance-quote/

Thanks

Simon

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

I'd look at putting them into separate policies rather than a multi - it might work out cheaper. (I've 6 different polices for my 4 cars and 2 bikes...)
that's what I did few years ago .... I also found that having a multi car policy muddied the water re NCD for each car/driver

OP
Matt_EClass

Matt_EClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've noticed insurance renewals are mental this year :( all start as double last year and so far I've not been able to get close to my premiums for last year :(

Hi Blobcat, thanks for responding, yes I might look at separate policies (I always assumed Multicar policies were cheaper) looks like they aint! By the way, I know what you mean re motorbikes, I have my 3 on separate policies! Its a bit of a pain!

OP
Matt_EClass

Matt_EClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Although we can do multi-car policies, it rarely works out cheaper, in our experience. If you're willing to consider insuring vehicles separately, please give us a call.

Rates have gone everywhere but we've been able to help lots of club/forum members with our price match or beat facility.

Our number is 0800 028 6463, or you can complete our webform to request a call-back. https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/motor-insurance/car-insurance-quote/

Thanks

Simon
Thanks Chris, I will be in touch, looks like best thing to do is go separate policies!

Reactions: DSK
OP
Matt_EClass

Matt_EClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
that's what I did few years ago .... I also found that having a multi car policy muddied the water re NCD for each car/driver
Thanks EmilysDad, thats the one thing I liked about the Adrian Flux policy, they apply the NCB across both cars

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
We paid £372.19 for our insurance this year with OneCall, no idea if they do multi car but I think that was quite a good price.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Thanks EmilysDad, thats the one thing I liked about the Adrian Flux policy, they apply the NCB across both cars
It's been many many years since I've had an AF policy. I just remember that I got cover note after cover note before I got the actual policy

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Insurance companies seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on mileage nowadays if you can get your mileage down the policy reduces substantially. My multi car is with Aviva and both the MB and BMW don’t cover any more than 5k miles between them at a cost of <£500 pa, no idea what inflation is doing to the cost of insurance no doubt I’ll find out next renewal :(

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Insurance companies seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on mileage nowadays if you can get your mileage down the policy reduces substantially. My multi car is with Aviva and both the MB and BMW don’t cover any more than 5k miles between them at a cost of <£500 pa, no idea what inflation is doing to the cost of insurance no doubt I’ll find out next renewal :(
You don’t want to know :( never seen it as bad as this year:confused:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
They are all at it even our local co-op have pushed gluten free bread up from £2 to £3 :(
Inflation will come down but what a blunt tool interest rates are I really feel it for house buyers lured into low mortgage rate deals of 1.5% who's income obviously wasn’t stressed tested against a benchmark rate of 5% by the banks - talk about history repeating itself - some of us have lived through this before greed has a short memory

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250

Thanks All

Matt
Bank of Scotland tried for 730 this Yr for ml250. Finally 420 odd with aviva. Still up from 320 last Yr. And a paid 198 3 Yr ago for v12 bi turbo. They taking the p and allowed to get away with it. It's just a lottery.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I’ve also heard renewals are mental.

I have just renewed my 2 Volvos and both with modifications for about £30 more than they were last year at around £310 each. my Mercs are renewed in December and March and have been as expected and come down a bit.

I’m with Chris Knotts, been with them for far too long to even remember. They are not the cheapest but seem to be good enough to prevent me from going elsewhere. I like I can do things over the phone with human being the old fashioned way rather than all this online m’larky companies seem to be forcing people down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
It varies so much between companies. Last year, I had quotes between £550 and £1100 (from known names) so it pays to shop around and find a company that likes your risk.

I’ve been with LV for several years now and did have a multi-car policy with them for a while.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Chris, I will be in touch, looks like best thing to do is go separate policies!

I should add even my multiple cars have a policy of their own with Chris Knotts, who replicated my record when adding another vehicle. The good thing with this is that you can move each with who is the cheapest if you have the time.

Before that I was with Admiral and Tesco for several year on a proper multi car policy until they changed their pricing models….

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I was with a Admiral two car policy for about 4 years, but each year I would find two quotes cheaper than the 2 car policy. Admiral would then match the quotes, but eventually they wouldn't so I left.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Think of me in September and October with 11 cars for renewal.o_O

I’ve not got as many as you but I hen it’s all co-termed it’s nice, pay it and forget for 12 months

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I’ve not got as many as you but I hen it’s all co-termed it’s nice, pay it and forget for 12 months

We used to have them scattered over the year, but selling, and not replacing until I get withdrawal symptoms, we buy another, it always seems to be September and October :rolleyes:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom