Multi CDC

Topboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 SLK 250 AMG & 2002 ML270CDI (for the Mrs)
I have a July 04 C270 with just a standard CD player.

I want a multi disc cd player. Do I have to go Merc for a CDC or does anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

My (vague) understanding is that it uses fibre optics and Merc is the only option.

Any information gratefully received.

K3LVC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDi Brabus
CDC retrofit

I too had this issue with an ex-demo '03 C270. Advertised by MB Hampstead as having CDC, spec sheet says it has a CDC but there was no CDC to be seen.

Ended up with a refund for the cost of a CDC as MB claimed they had no way of retro-fitting and the local audio independent could only help if he replaced the head unit as well.

I may have been fobbed off but don't believe there is a way of doing it. If someone knows different then please post how.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I don't understand this. CDCs have been retrofittable forever. I had one retrofitted to the sony unit on my first C back in '97, another on the Audio 10 on my 2000 E class and My current E class has one too, wired to the Audio 20 CD player. Its the first one that's actually come with one. If your 2003 C class was pre-facelift then I believe you have an Audio 10, if post face lift then it will be an Audio 20 and as I've had CD changers with both, I think you're both being fobbed off.

To my knowedge, there is no difference in the head units between one with and one without a CDC. You just need the player, wiring loom and the fitting kit.

Call an MB dealer, and ask how much a cdc is. Then ask how hard it is to fit. Faced with a potential sale, you could get a different answer. As for the hifi guy, I suspect he can't get MB bits so its easier for him to flog you a new system.

K3LVC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDi Brabus
Fobbed off I may have been but by both the main dealer who had to give me £350 cash on a car already sold at rock bottom and by the independent who does the work for Merc and knew that I was never going to change the head unit therefore it was a Merc CDC or nothing.

For info mine was a pre-facelift with Audio 10.

If I'd have been that bothered I'd have gone for a Radio Frequency unit assuming they're still available (had one in a Rover back in 1999)

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Ok, my audio 10 was a cassette based unit, but thats the only difference. If the unit has a cdc button, it should work with a cd changer. I believe they are fibre optic connections and you possibly need a loom for it.

MB kit normally doesn't have buttons for kit that isn't installable - so if the head unit didn't have the fibre interface I'd expect to not see a CDC marked button.

Anyway, have a look at http://www.braybrooks.co.uk/MB C203.pdf
Normally if there is an issue with certain models there is a caveat, but I don't see one here.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom