My C220 AMG Sport

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Lovely....seems to have an extra badge though;)
(Someone had to say it!)

Please excuse my iggerance on Mercedes badge etiquette old chap, is that aimed at the AMG badge on the boot lid? It is the only "extra" I can think of, I couldn't see a raised three star on the bonnet so knew it wasn't that.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I abstained from it, glad you bit John ;)

Is it just me or is John a little OCD about the AMG badges? :D:D

And perhaps, complimented slightly by, dare I say it, "a thing" for Obsidian Black cars, (three out of four in past ownership). :eek: :D

Just teasing John, honest! Please don't be offended.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Please excuse my iggerance on Mercedes badge etiquette old chap, is that aimed at the AMG badge on the boot lid? It is the only "extra" I can think of, I couldn't see a raised three star on the bonnet so knew it wasn't that.

I'll just leave this here:D
vk9Gii2.jpg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

And perhaps, complimented slightly by, dare I say it, "a thing" for Obsidian Black cars, (three out of four in past ownership). :eek: :D

There is a big difference between AMG and AMG Line, AMG line does not merit AMG badging :):rolleyes::)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
For the OP....
Theres a general view that AMG badges only belong on fire breathing monsters where the engine has been retuned by the gentlemen in Affalterbach and fitted into a car with better suspension, trim and wheel and tyre combinations. Those cars were the original AMGs and are a bit special. The creation on the marketing AMGs (where it's just a trim level and a few minor suspension tweaks) is felt to cheapen the AMG brand.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
For the OP....
Theres a general view that AMG badges only belong on fire breathing monsters where the engine has been retuned by the gentlemen in Affalterbach and fitted into a car with better suspension, trim and wheel and tyre combinations. Those cars were the original AMGs and are a bit special. The creation on the marketing AMGs (where it's just a trim level and a few minor suspension tweaks) is felt to cheapen the AMG brand.

No arguement from me sir!

I have always preferred a car that does what it says on the tin.

Ok, bit of a mixed metaphor but, you know what I mean.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
‘‘Tis indeed Jim....I have to say it’s a little bit tongue in cheek though - I’m not that anal really ...;););)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

Never offended easily Jim!

OP
madtheswine

madtheswine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 2.1 AMG sport edition coupe 2014
Jesus, what is the big deal about a badge, if this is the case then why do Mercedes put AMG on the wheels, and call the car an AMG Sport Edition. BMW have the M3,M5 but they also have Msport in the 3 and 5 series with the M badge on the boot and the wheels. Some people are just a bit sad if it worries them that much, its just a badge for god sakes. People will know it isn't the fire breathing monster as on the other side it has C220

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Jesus, what is the big deal about a badge, if this is the case then why do Mercedes put AMG on the wheels, and call the car an AMG Sport Edition. BMW have the M3,M5 but they also have Msport in the 3 and 5 series with the M badge on the boot and the wheels. Some people are just a bit sad if it worries them that much, its just a badge for god sakes. People will know it isn't the fire breathing monster as on the other side it has C220
It's the aftermarket badges that was being pointed out. An M sport badged 3 series is not being badged as an M3. But, if the same car suddenly had the M3 badge on the back then that would be a bit odd.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

We have a bite:D

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Don't take it personally sir, this's a great forum and there is just a little teasing, rather than the outright nasty stuff I've experienced on other sites, don't let it put you off.
It generally means you're accepted as part of the club.
Just enjoy your car and the forum, there's lots to learn, talk about and usually good fun to be had too.
This is one of the friendliest forums I've been a member of.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Don't take it personally sir, this's a great forum and there is just a little teasing, rather than the outright nasty stuff I've experienced on other sites, don't let it put you off.
It generally means you're accepted as part of the club.
Just enjoy your car and the forum, there's lots to learn, talk about and usually good fun to be had too.
This is one of the friendliest forums I've been a member of.
+1
Easily the friendliest place I've been on.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom