1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My poor Mercedes.

Discussion in 'MBO, our Mercedes club' started by Rob.T, May 30, 2018.

1. Frontstep

Frontstep Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    T210 320cdi
    If the steel car is that crumpled it is reasonable to think the squashy wimpy frail things inside might be suffering a bit.

I have seen a pieces broken off vertebrae on x-ray , cortical blindness,brain injury,discs bulging etc etc all from relatively mild rear shunts.
    Your head weighs around 5kg and sits on a usually frail neck unless you do specific exercises.

2. mercedes13156

mercedes13156 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
    I had to be cut out of my C Class when someone clattered me from behind. The end result was that they had shortened the car and doors all jammed shut. Because I had a neck / back injury, the roof had to come off to get me out. I later went to get some personal items out of what was left and there was absolutely no visible damage to the rear end. The only thing visible apart from the missing roof was that the shut lines on all of the doors had closed up. On my travels to get another car, I saw two others (one a Merc and the other an Audi) with very tight shut lines and stiff doors. I wonder how many cars are sold on like that.

3. OP
    Rob.T

Rob.T Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2011 Estate CDi 200 Sport.
    Strewth are you OK? I hope you have fully recovered from any injuries you suffered?
    I spent the day in hospital yesterday after suffering bouts of blindness, dizzy and lightheaded spells. Very frightening the first time it happened last Tuesday. Happened twice more on the Wednesday and had headaches and giddiness ever since, then wife forced me to see a doctor. He telephoned the hospital and had me admitted yesterday morning.
    Bloods were fine, CT scan must have been OK because they were going to phone me today if there was a problem. I still have to go back and undergo a brainwave scan. The consultant told me right from the start that he thinks it's migraine , I have never suffered migraines in my life and I thought migraines were massive headaches, not so apparently. He told me it was unusual to start having migraines at my age. I am wondering if this accident might have something to do with it.

mercedes13156 likes this.
  4. mercedes13156

mercedes13156 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga

I'm fine now, apart from a sore neck and shoulder every few days. I just put the very substantial amount of damages into the Bank Account a couple of days ago. You need to make sure that you get everything laid on to make sure you recover as quickly and safely as possible. I contacted my Insurance Company who agreed with the opposing side who admitted that they had the liability and that by paying up front for my medical bills (XRays, Scans, Physiotherapy and even ten visits to a Chiropractor) it would help to minimise the end cost of the claim. They even paid my Salary back to my Employer for the couple of months I was off work as a result of the accident.

If you don't ask.....