Navigation query

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Blue EFFICIENCY 250 CDI Sport 2013
My navigation has gone bonkers, it shows the current position as out at sea in the North Channel, admittedly last night I switched on the map while on the Antrim coast road looking for a quicker road home across country, it did that and when I recognised the road I switched it off. Now when I switch on 'map' it shows me out at sea even though I positioned the curser over my home, which is 18 miles from the sea. I have gone through the handbook, or should I say 'novel'as there are so many settings, and still no solution.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
When your system shows you as miles away shows that the antenna has failed, most just pop a new £10 under the dash rear if fitted there.

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When your system shows you as miles away shows that the antenna has failed, most just pop a new £10 under the dash rear if fitted there.
Thank you kind Sir. I hope you are well on the road to recovery.

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do you mean just under the windscreen, and if so is it possible to reach from the engine bay?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The comand antennas just go under the back side on any part with no metal, I would need more detail on the model of the car that it is for, and I can pass that on for you.

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The comand antennas just go under the back side on any part with no metal, I would need more detail on the model of the car that it is for, and I can pass that on for you.
Thank you Sir,
It is for my 2005 W220 , straight 6 of course.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think that on a 220 years 2005 the comand will be placed in the boot, and the antenna can be placed under the rear shelf in a metal free place. You do to buy the antenna with the correct plug and all easy

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think that on a 220 years 2005 the comand will be placed in the boot, and the antenna can be placed under the rear shelf in a metal free place. You do to buy the antenna with the correct plug and all easy
Thanks again Malcolm, very much appreciated.

OP
R

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks again Malcolm, very much appreciated.
Am I correct in saying that removing the panel holding the brake lights on the rear parcel shelf will expose the aerial for the navigation?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom