new car in driveway

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Well done worth the wait Rory- superb!
Love ok forward to hearing your reviews and updates....

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Bowes Museum?

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Well done worth the wait Rory- superb!
Love ok forward to hearing your reviews and updates....

Thanks, only done about 300 miles so far & taking it easy until 1000 miles. The exhaust note is quieter than I expected but there is more than enough grunt. Coming from my SLK350 (R172) it is a lot more spacious and luxurious but the driving feel is similar.

Very happy so far!

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Picture is in the Scottish Highlands during our 700 mile run. Very happy with the active suspension. Curve tilt is interesting on twisty roads, I'm not yet sure if i love it on tight bends but it is nice on long sweepers., The feature I like most so far, is the ability to raise the body 2" when parking at kerbs and going over speed humps etc.

The exhaust sound is decidedly more sporty in Sport+ mode with lots of crackles and pops. Downshifting by the automatic (in S and S+) is lovely and it always seems to be in the right gear entering a bend. Massage is also nice during a long stint and the active side bolsters are nice for keeping you from sliding around and staying comfortable.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Don't normally like white cars. But that does look rather nice.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
This modern pearlescent white is very attractive I do think.

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Nice one!

It will be interesting to swop notes. Mine is a 2015 model so I will be interested to see the difference in yours. It seems well specced.

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
Nice one!

It will be interesting to swop notes. Mine is a 2015 model so I will be interested to see the difference in yours. It seems well specced.

Mine's just pre-facelift and little driven so far, planning a Scottish trip (if we are still allowed in) in September. But I have a rattle....only with the roof up and disappears completely when the roof is down. I am assuming something in the roof system must be slack when the roof is up and tensioned when the roof is down. Any similar experience?

Top Bottom