New E class 350 hesitation problem

OP
L

Legend

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 350 CDi Avantgarde
Nigel at MB Chesterfield fixed mine last Friday and at long last it is a joy to drive. No hesitation in S mode. Instant response. At last, someone at MB with some brains and gumption. Thanks Nigel you are a "STAR".

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Nigel at MB Chesterfield fixed mine last Friday and at long last it is a joy to drive. No hesitation in S mode. Instant response. At last, someone at MB with some brains and gumption. Thanks Nigel you are a "STAR".

You must feel really relieved now that you can pull out safely

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I wonder if the decoupling device has been disabled on the S mode as well as the C.

I have the "older" engine and pulling away quickly is one of its many strong points, trust me ;)

Newer isn't always better:cool:

I hope so Steve,,it must have been horrible trying to pull out into a gap in the traffic as it was,,I agree newer is not always better

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)

Now you will be able to get to work on your rear tyres properly!! :rolleyes:

jubhi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Sport Coupe Brabus D6-III, A150 SE, Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
I wonder if the decoupling device has been disabled on the S mode as well as the C.

I have the "older" engine and pulling away quickly is one of its many strong points, trust me ;)

Newer isn't always better:cool:

Hi,

I had this done a few weeks ago and the de-coupling system has just been removed from the S mode and not the C hence you can still feel the hestitaion in C.

I'm used to pressing the S button now, it's the first thing I do after starting the car :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I see that this was picked up by Autocar when they tested the E estate, their words

" As with the saloon, the estate suffers from a slight hesitancy when pulling away from a standstill, leaving a moment when you expect to get drive, and dont get any,, this encourages a leisurely driving style, rather than cause frustration, but a quicker, smoother response would be a welcome upgrade"

Not good wording I feel from a safety angle

jubhi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Sport Coupe Brabus D6-III, A150 SE, Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
I see that this was picked up by Autocar when they tested the E estate, their words

" As with the saloon, the estate suffers from a slight hesitancy when pulling away from a standstill, leaving a moment when you expect to get drive, and dont get any,, this encourages a leisurely driving style, rather than cause frustration, but a quicker, smoother response would be a welcome upgrade"

I was beginning to hate the car Malcolm because of this very issue, thankfully it has been sorted now and I'm in love with the car again.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver

Read this weeks issue of autocar. Their E350cdi went in and after the upgrade they feel its back to old tricks, but they probably haven't released it defaults to C mode on the turn of the key.

Press the S button and its gone. Yay. I can look forward to a 212/204 350cdi in years to come.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Read this weeks issue of autocar. Their E350cdi went in and after the upgrade they feel its back to old tricks, but they probably haven't released it defaults to C mode on the turn of the key.

Press the S button and its gone. Yay. I can look forward to a 212/204 350cdi in years to come.

A simple relay under the dash could put the car in the S mode every time you start

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
Just read this post NOW.................Mine suffers from this delay in E mode (default) but have been using S mode ( Hence my question last week about be able to S mode as the default setting )
Is this problem only on 7 speed auto boxes and engines bigger than 1.8 ?

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only on the 7g box as far as I know,,does any car use the 722.6 now

Diver233

Reaction score
I bought mine Dec 2009, and yes I have had the teething problems you all have had. All I can say is when I have had any problems Mercedes have been first class at fixing them.
Example of this was: I was working down in Reading and staying at the Premier Inn opposite the Mercedes Garage, the injectors failed and started making loads of noise.
Any how I popped over to them to ask what to do, within ten minutes it was booked in and by lunch time it had new injectors all fixed under warrentee with out any hassel what so ever.
recently car has been in for tracking (long story but ATS cocked up when I had some tyres) and while it was there they did a software upgrade again free.
whilst I apriciate we all expect perfection with our cars, but I have quite a few work vehicles and the service I get from Mercedes far exceeds all the others.

An example of this I had an Astra less than two years old the gear box broke and needed replacing. I was told by Vauxhall in Lincoln its out of Warrentee and you will have to pay for it. it had 60,800 miles on it and the warrentee ended at 60,000 miles. Hence I will never buy another vauxhall.

chunky1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMWs Mercs
I have the same problem,but can anyone tell me with this being a safety issue who would be liable if there was an accident.Lets say the insurance companys found out the car had a fault,would they not try to block the claim? Are MB actually selling a car that's unsafe?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have the same problem,but can anyone tell me with this being a safety issue who would be liable if there was an accident.Lets say the insurance companys found out the car had a fault,would they not try to block the claim? Are MB actually selling a car that's unsafe?

A very good question ???

chunky1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMWs Mercs
Hi,

How long does it take to do the fix?

Chunky1 :Oops::Oops:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi,

How long does it take to do the fix?

Chunky1 :Oops::Oops:

½ hour on STAR should cover it while you drink some of their coffee

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom