New(ish) to the Mercedesclub site - ML320 W164

flymech1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 CDI W164
Hi all,

I signed up to the site a little while ago now but jumped in straight at the deep end asking questions as I had a problem with a leaking injector seal! (The Black Death) I've also had a couple of problems since then but I think I may be winning on that front!

So, I've had my Mercedes ML320 CDI W164 for nigh on 3 years now, it's just clocked 100k miles and is demanding a bit of attention! Reading through the likes of this great forum has helped in assuring me that they are common to this car/engine and as this is my first Merc I'm now on a steep learning curve... and loving it! I've had my head under the bonnet for quite a few hours over the last couple of weeks (blown injector seal replacement and for fault codes P0670 and P2015) so I'm slowly getting my head around what everything is, again with a lot of info gleaned from this forum.

As for me, well I'm an Aircraft Mechanic so my usual job is helping to keep Boeing 737's in the sky and holiday makers reaching their destination on time (and alive!) so I'm not afraid of a bit of disassembly/reassembly and fault diagnosis, as long as I've got some pretty pictures to help! As a 34 year old (35 in 4 days on Tuesday 12th Nov!) Father of 2 young girls aged 2 & 1/2 and 1 year old I don't have much spare time, and don't even get me started on the other half's lists of jobs she writes out for me! :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough waffle, I'm sure you'll see the odd question from me and I'll be trying to post replies and fixes as I go along but that's usually only limited to when everyone's in bed and I have a beer in hand! ;)

Cheers!

Glen.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks for your great post and hope that you get the assistance that you may require

beccy

MBO Membership Secretary
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Welcome to the forum :D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom