New owner 1991 MB 300SL Auto

spiro

Reaction score
Hello,
I live in Edinburgh and recently bought a 1991 MB 300 SL Auto from the Perth Classic Car Auction with 70,000 miles on the clock.

Although it will no doubt cost an arm and a leg, I have just booked it in with the Edinburgh motor group who originally sold it in 1991 for an inspection and service.

Would anyone please be able to recommend a good alternative for local regular maintenance and service?

Last edited:

stats007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looking
I have a friend who lives that way who has a few MBs (W124s, R107) that could help you out now and again, but regular stamped servicing isn't something he does.

Speedmaster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 55 AMG
Hello there

I am also in Edinburgh and can recommend David Thompson at Howard-Johnston Cars on Ferry Road. He is well regarded and deals with lot of Mercedes. Nice chap also

Well done on the SL, they are cracking cars

OP
S

spiro

Reaction score
Stats007 and Speedmaster.
Thank you for your help.
David Thompson is very close to me in Trinity.
My only comment with the SL is that it uses oil compared to other cars I have owned. This may be normal, but I will check it out next week when it goes in for it's 72,000 mile service.
It is very quiet and smooth to drive. I feel safe in it too!

Last edited:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom