New owner of used W205

tojosan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Bluetec 2014 AMG LINE
Well, After a few questions on the forum and deciding whether to go ahead, I finally got it.

Nov 2014 W205 C220 Bluetec AMG line. Thanks to Jaguar taking so long to deliver a new XF I had to wait for a couple of extra months before getting a mate's end of lease C220D. After taking delivery I also had to wait for the snow to melt in order to get the car off the drive.

500 miles+ in the first week of ownership have allowed me to get mostly familiar with the driving experience and menu layout and first impressions are pretty good. Nice drive and nice place to be. Phone (s) paired up easily, iPod connected and playing.

Found a badly out of date Garmin Satnav (2014 maps) and slightly glitchy Audio 20 system which has frozen twice and below average sound system. Some software updates required I think and some audio advice needed from Command Online

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi tojosan, welcome to the forum :)

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Welcome, a set of winter tyres will sort your snow driving out. I have had winter tyres on both cars for the last 10 years, wouldn't be without them in winter.
Garmin map updates are normally free, unlike MB. As a result I use WAZE off my iPhone, its free apart from a little downloaded data. My wife has TomTom live traffic updates, but I think Waze is better.

OP
T

tojosan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Bluetec 2014 AMG LINE
Welcome, a set of winter tyres will sort your snow driving out. I have had winter tyres on both cars for the last 10 years, wouldn't be without them in winter.
Garmin map updates are normally free, unlike MB. As a result I use WAZE off my iPhone, its free apart from a little downloaded data. My wife has TomTom live traffic updates, but I think Waze is better.

Thanks! I have been using a portable Garmin unit for years which gets free updates, live traffic etc but it would feel a bit odd sticking that on the windscreen. I also have map pilot software on my phone but same applies and nowadays need to hide the phones away of course to resist the temptation to snatch a glance at any emails.

Re the winter tyres, this was the second time in 8 years in the South I haven’t been able to drive my own car so not a big problem and my partner has FWD on her car. I so rarely get caught in the white stuff even though I travel a lot, I am more inclined to fit all weather tyres at replacement time rather than having a set filling up the garage

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom