New to Mercedes, EML on C350cdi

allybassman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 Estate
Hi all!

Not the first post to this forum I invisiged but oh well!

I picked up my first Mercedes last night, a MY2012 C350cdi Estate. Absolutley fell in love with it on the test drive and really turned my head away from BMW!

Fired the car up after completing the paperwork etc and the engine light was on...typical.

I bought it from a Ford dealer, their workshop had closed so was advised to drive it and see how it is. The car drived fine, pulled well, no juddering etc. So advised to take it home and ring them in the morning if it's still on...which ofcourse it is.

Used my trusty obdc scanner to pull some fault codes:

Here is what it found.

Motor Electronics (MB: 0064467140)

14B200: : Fault: Component ''Hot film mass air flow sensor'' has a plausibility error. Component 'Hot film mass air flow sensor' has a plausibility error. / Fault: DFC_AFSSetyDrftMin: plausibility check of the upper sensitivity drift limit

161D00: : Fault: The signal voltage of component ''B19 (Catalytic converter temperature sensor)'' is too high. The signal voltage of component 'B19/9 (Temperature sensor upstream of diesel particulate filter)' is too high.

PARK - Parking system (N62) (MB: 1729011300)

C44700: : Fault: Implausible data has been received by the Central Gateway.

SAM - Signalerfass- und Ansteuermodul (N10) (MB: 2129015204)

A37971: Fault: The wiper motor has blocked Funktionsstoerung.Der actuator. The wiper motor has a malfunction. The actuator blocked.

- I guess the top two would be the ones more likley to throw up a EML? Some googling has not found much with regards to an obvious issue. So any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Alasdair

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Obviously I am going to say take it back to the dealer and let them sort it.

I wouldn’t bother with a reader other than STAR. I am sure ford will be using their own readers though.

Might be worth going to a MB dealer or Indy with star to get the fault codes read and get a quote and give that to your ford garage.

A Ford is a Ford and not a merc.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ Got to agree with the above.
I'd also ensure any other faults not related to the EML are dealt with as well.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
+1, back to dealer but insist they have Mercedes codes read on Star. Too much going on there to accept it as it is

OP
allybassman

allybassman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 Estate
Thanks chaps, it's gone back to the dealers today so i'm awaiting a call to see what they want to do next. I personally want it scanned by Star and investigated at either a Mercedes dealer or reputable indy. We'll see. Apart from the EML the car is spotless and drives really well. So i'm hoping it's nothing serious.

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Where in the UK are you?

A recommended Indie could be, well...recommended if nearby should they baulk at a main dealer diagnostic quote

OP
allybassman

allybassman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 Estate
Hi all, I have the car back now, they changed a intake pipe that was damaged when they serviced it and a sensor in the exhaust. No EML is on and the car drives perfectly.

Owner of the dealership was very apologetic and was clearly not happy with the technicians who serviced the car before I collected it and the salesman who let me drive away in it with a EML on.

Cheers all - One very happy C350 owner.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Great result. Good to see a dealer principal who does the right thing too.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Glad you got it sorted, they are brilliant cars

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
Welcome to the forum and good to hear that it was a relatively small issue.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom