New to the Forum ...I have E class 220 estate AMG night edition bluemotion

Fasthands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 bluemotion estate night edition AMG
Hi all,

I was reversed into a month ago, damaging my front wing and n/s door quite badly. The mirror assembly and door have been replaced, the thing is I was sure that the n/s mirror was light sensitive the same as the interior mirror and o/s mirror....am I wrong? I was dazzled this morning by the 'new' mirror....my MB is a 65 plate....can you help?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
The n/s mirror isn't usually light sensitive.

OP
F

Fasthands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The n/s mirror isn't usually light sensitive.
many thanks Naraic, it is just odd that I have not been dazzled by that side before!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
On a 65 plate E220 AMG Line Night Edition, the nearside mirror definitely isn't electrochromic. In fact I'm pretty sure that no model of MB at all has EC nearside mirrors; the light sensor only has two outputs; driver's mirror and interior mirror glass.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Fasthands, welcome to the forum :) As others have said the near side rear view mirror is no Electrochromic so no need to be concerned :)

OP
F

Fasthands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On a 65 plate E220 AMG Line Night Edition, the nearside mirror definitely isn't electrochromic. In fact I'm pretty sure that no model of MB at all has EC nearside mirrors; the light sensor only has two outputs; driver's mirror and interior mirror glass.
Thank you again! I will probably have to eat humble pie with the repair garage!

OP
F

Fasthands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Fasthands, welcome to the forum :) As others have said the near side rear view mirror is no Electrochromic so no need to be concerned :)
Thank you, I am pleased to be a forum 'member', this is my first E class ..in fact first Mercedes...all did not go well to start with but I do love the car now, I bought from new and within 10 months the water pump gasket was leaking...Mercedes remedied this with no quibble.
Thank you for my welcome.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Welcome Fasthands, glad you're enjoying your car. It's understandable that you want to make sure the repair has been done to full spec. From the knowledgable answers above, all is well.

OP
F

Fasthands

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello McDonald!, I am very pleased at the rapid response to my query, everyone seems very helpful. The car is growing on me all the time, I had it on a PCP and was toying with trading in but paid the balloon payment instead...within a week someone reversed into me !! Thank you again for the reply, it looks like I'm in safe hands.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome!
Plenty of helpful and very knowledgeable folk on here.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You could get a dimming mirror, but it would have to be for a left hand drive vehicle. Whether the electrics are there to power it is another matter.

Welcome to the forums btw...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
You could get a dimming mirror, but it would have to be for a left hand drive vehicle. Whether the electrics are there to power it is another matter.

Welcome to the forums btw...
I’m pretty sure (well I’m 100% sure) that the standard MB interior mirror has two outputs from the rear facing light sensor. One is a very short lead that attaches to the EC mirror glass itself, the other goes into the cable harness that leads into the main roof harness and from there to the driver’s mirror. There isn’t another output channel.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Fasthands and welcome to the forum. As you have already found out, there are some very knowledgeable people here.

Just to confirm what others have said, I just checked my manual and it tells me that the drivers mirror and the rear view mirror have auto dimming.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, no cars have ns dimming mirrors don’t know why if I’m honest!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom