Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
JRH

JRH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S350, 2008 S320dL
Right ok, neither am I by any stretch of the imagination. The stock car does seem to ride high, but I suppose it was designed to do a different job to the C class?
How is the ride in this, does the air ride make a difference, never been in a car with air suspension.
Boat-like

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Boat-like

Do you have a poverty spec W221?

The suspension can be changed for stiffness using the settings. Only time I used mine with stiffened dampers it was uncomfortable for my then 335 mile commute. But then I used mine to make effortless progress over considerable distances, not throw it round like a boy racer or drug dealer getting away from the feds. :cool::cool:

Perhaps you've got the wrong model for what you want it to do?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof

The suspension can be changed for stiffness using the settings. Only time I used mine with stiffened dampers it was uncomfortable for my then 335 mile commute. But then I used mine to make effortless progress over considerable distances, not throw it round like a boy racer or drug dealer getting away from the feds. :cool::cool:

Perhaps you've got the wrong model for what you want it to do?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I was thinking the same, you can spend time on money with car trying to make it into something that it was never designed to be. I've heard that even the S600 can struggle with handling, but is pure luxury when cruising. I suppose I think of the number of buyers of the C250 CDI spending time and money on increasing performance when they could have picked up the C350 CDI.
Apart from maybe the remap, I've decided that the next one for me will be a proper AMG. But that will have to wait for now.

OP
JRH

JRH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S350, 2008 S320dL

I don’t have the “wrong model” for what I want to do. All I want is for it to sit a little closer to the ground for aesthetic reasons of my own. What Mercedes intended with their design was fine. I’m changing it to my taste, no one else’s.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I don’t have the “wrong model” for what I want to do. All I want is for it to sit a little closer to the ground for aesthetic reasons of my own. What Mercedes intended with their design was fine. I’m changing it to my taste, no one else’s.

And why shouldn't you personalise YOUR car, I like it and if I drove one would probably do the same

Reactions: JRH
OP
JRH

JRH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S350, 2008 S320dL
And why shouldn't you personalise YOUR car, I like it and if I drove one would probably do the same
Thanks. Anyone can buy a standard car and park it next to an identical one. How effing boring and unimaginative is that?

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe MB knew they were sitting fairly higher than others cars but, they knew their market and most owners of the S class would have issues with getting in and out of a lowered version? Serious question?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks. Anyone can buy a standard car and park it next to an identical one. How effing boring and unimaginative is that?
Agreed but you’ll always get opinions.....
It’s all about what you feel is right for you and what level- my 63 visually looks not much different a standard 63 with a few subtle additions , boot lip spoiler , AMG centre caps and a black Mercedes laurel bonnet badge, others choose a complete restyle - chrome delete black grille, wheels and tints everywhere but not for me....

Borys

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e220 night edition
Car looks stunning!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JRH

JRH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S350, 2008 S320dL
New headlight bulbs put in today, hopefully they’re better than the eBay knockoff leds that were on there. They only lit for about 2 meters. Have gone for osram night breakers. Shame they’re that orange tint, old looking colour though, I like the hid colours.

Also have a new hood badge arriving this week, totally black one which will blend in better with the car. (Pics will follow once arrived and installed).

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
New headlight bulbs put in today, hopefully they’re better than the eBay knockoff leds that were on there. They only lit for about 2 meters. Have gone for osram night breakers. Shame they’re that orange tint, old looking colour though, I like the hid colours.

Also have a new hood badge arriving this week, totally black one which will blend in better with the car. (Pics will follow once arrived and installed).
Good call with the new black badge buddy :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
This the look you're going for?

Capture.JPG

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Is this the night edition taken to the extreme?
There's "Black" and then there's the absence of all light...

I almost bought a Ducati 1098S a few years ago in "absence of all light" black - it had a red frame and the rest just sucked your eyeballs in.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There's "Black" and then there's the absence of all light...

I almost bought a Ducati 1098S a few years ago in "absence of all light" black - it had a red frame and the rest just sucked your eyeballs in.
It's a good point, there are a few of the blacked out MB's on YouTube, they tend to lose the flowing lines of the original car! Not my cup of tea.

OP
JRH

JRH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S350, 2008 S320dL
D9ECA994-0138-406E-88E0-39969E1F6612.jpeg Inbetween rain clouds, had a good wash today and then waxed with turtle wax paste wax. Not used it before and is 1/5th the price of autoglym HD which is my normal tipple.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
You have a very striking-looking car and in gleaming condition. Of course it's not to everyone's taste, but I have to admire your energy in doing all this to an already handsome machine.

OP
JRH

JRH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S350, 2008 S320dL
You have a very striking-looking car and in gleaming condition. Of course it's not to everyone's taste, but I have to admire your energy in doing all this to an already handsome machine.
Thanks, that’s nice of you to say. It’s always nice to be appreciated!

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Like your S class a lot, looks stunning!!! :D:D
P.S. when you get ya new alloys stick to nice clean
5 spokes in silver. :)
What about Veeman F-S8
in 20" gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom