Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Liking it more and more, really like Ant, his enthusiasm is brilliant

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I quite like Ant, he's very easy on the eye too :cool:

I find myself watching more and more car programmes these days, from Wheeler Dealers, Car SOS, that new one with Drew Pritchard, Chasing Classic Cars....the list goes on!

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
As usual I seem to be swimming against the tide, I am truly amazed at how many positive comments the new WD has got on here. The show has lost its way, The beauty of the original show was that it showed how, with a little ingenuity and often only basic tools you could keep an older car (banger!) on the road on a limited budget, Having watched 3 episodes of the new series with Ant Anstead I can now see that I only used to watch it because of Ed China and the fine detail that the programme often went into, Mike brewer is (and always was) irritating, and its now just another pointless car make over show, "so this week were going to spend 10k on a car, throw another 5k at it and outsource loads of the work,
And then flog it... its become dull and generic, a "Hi 5 and man hugs" cringe worthy British version of fast and loud which I cant stand.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
As usual I seem to be swimming against the tide, I am truly amazed at how many positive comments the new WD has got on here. The show has lost its way, The beauty of the original show was that it showed how, with a little ingenuity and often only basic tools you could keep an older car (banger!) on the road on a limited budget, Having watched 3 episodes of the new series with Ant Anstead I can now see that I only used to watch it because of Ed China and the fine detail that the programme often went into, Mike brewer is (and always was) irritating, and its now just another pointless car make over show, "so this week were going to spend 10k on a car, throw another 5k at it and outsource loads of the work,
And then flog it... its become dull and generic, a "Hi 5 and man hugs" cringe worthy British version of fast and loud which I cant stand.

My OH has always said that about the show too, but compared to a lot of other classic car programmes it seems to go into more detail from what I have seen. I'm not keen on Mike Brewer either.

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Whilst I haven't seen any of the new series of WD, I hark back to what was probably the 80's with Norm Abram and his, "This Old House." And the series that followed.

A different subject but, he took the time to explain tools and how they should be used, and what could be accomplished. And he wasn't afraid to appear 'on camera' with a plaster or two on an injury.:)

I find the programmes of the 'modern' era to be much along the lines of, "This is what is wrong." - "This is how it got fixed." All in a one hour slot. Whereas those earlier examples were 'projects' that continued in sequence as the 'build' progressed.

Personally, I'd always prefer to view multiple episodes in order to understand exactly what was happening as opposed to a 'pastiche' of what had been undertaken.

Top Bottom