Newbie female in distress- ML55

scotspen

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, my man has just lost his licence, his hopes and dreams of a long awaited sportscar have all disappeared.

He has sent me on this forum to find out about an ML55 jeep. We need seven seats and we cannot find one. Can you purchase the seats without going through Mercedes Benz?

Also as we have not purchased a car yet we would like to find out what to watch for when buying one.

Many thanks
Pen
x

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

I do hope your man has not told you that driving an ML55 would be more licence friendly than a sports car. A V8 5.5Ltr engine is not good for anyones licence :smile:.
There are many many threads relating to the ML on this site so pls have a search around. There are also many outlets where you could buy from google is not a bad place to start, you can also search on the MB site. Seats do occasionally come up on ebay.

Last edited:

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
scotspen said:
Hi there everyone, my man has just lost his licence, his hopes and dreams of a long awaited sportscar have all disappeared.

He has sent me on this forum to find out about an ML55 jeep. We need seven seats and we cannot find one. Can you purchase the seats without going through Mercedes Benz?

Also as we have not purchased a car yet we would like to find out what to watch for when buying one.

Many thanks
Pen
x

The ML55 was not offered with seven seats nor a supercharger!

The ML55 has a spare wheel in the boot area thus preventing the seven seats from being fitted. However, there are firms out there who can retrofit them. Also the ML55 is a normally aspirated V8 5.5 litre engine producing circa 347BHP.

If you have to have the seven seats then look for an ML500 with them if performance is what you want with your seven seats!

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
scotspen said:

Many thanks
Pen
x

Why don't you buy an ML500 with seven seats already factory installed. There are plenty of them about. The best ones tend to be with dealers. Try these sites as they have lots of examples and search engines to help you find one. Mercedes UK's own site has excellent searching of many dealers: -
http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/con...e/products/used_cars/all_used_car_search.html

http://www.used-mercedescars.co.uk

The site below sells management cars direct from Mercedes and others
http://www.directmercedes.co.uk

By the way, the ML270cdi diesel has plenty enough power for normal use and does 30mpg. Seven seats and not too bad for the planet! Any idea what year you are after or price range. Post facelift are greatly improved and 2004 and beyond are more reliable in general. Get one with Full MB Service History and you get free breakdown cover throughout Europe and a 30 year rust guarantee.

This one looks a cracker at Mercedes Benz of Northampton. The 'Family Pack' is the 7 seats I believe but check. It has parktronic for easy parking (essential?), low mileage (only 17k miles) and although registered in April 2004 is under half the new price??? at £23k. Real value.
http://www.mercedes.co.uk/emb_car_apps/used_cars/SGDetails.asp?SearchID=18465960&vid=1428467&Req=ALL

Last edited:
OP
S

scotspen

Reaction score
The ML500 looks very nice indeed. thanks very much for that link. im gonna follow that one up for sure!!

has someone told you about my parking??? ;)

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Good Luck.

maldon

Reaction score
Irrespective, don't even think about one without parktronic :)

scotspen said:
The ML500 looks very nice indeed. thanks very much for that link. im gonna follow that one up for sure!!

has someone told you about my parking??? ;)

OP
S

scotspen

Reaction score
Bought the ML 500!!!

we went for the ML500 in the end. managed to track down an ex demo car loaded with family pack, lux pack, full AMG bodykit and wheels, drop down DVD, when new in 2003 the bill came to £53,000!!!
Anyhow thanks for the help, we love it, it is massively quick, looks great and the kids love the DVD... :D
A super buy!!
can anybody recommend a suitable chip to increase the performance and lower the mpg?:D :D :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You want lower MPG? Press right foot hard to the floor that usually does it. I thought this was bought as your partner had lost his licence was that due to speed??
Having said that there are a few companies around that will remap the ecu for you. SLinKyjoe had his old SLK55 done, when he comes on he will no doubt post the info.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
scotspen said:
can anybody recommend a suitable chip to increase the performance and lower the mpg?:D :D :D

The gain on a petrol car is so small,its hardly worthwhile.

Malcolm

OP
S

scotspen

Reaction score
oops... higher....

It wasnt due to speed, it was something far more stupid.

FELLOW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
208/1999/320
7 Seats

If U Need 7 Seats Regularly And 4x4 Capabilities Then Go For A Volvo 4x4 Or Land Rover Esp If U Are Known For Speeding

Andy Wr

Reaction score
You want more power! I have just purchased a ML 270cdi and am very pleased with the performance of that.

OP
S

scotspen

Reaction score
Speed is a new thing for me. I have been used to driving a 300k mile mondeo ex taxi. Its brilliant being able to over take cars without having to wait for a hill or a massive straight to get passed!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom