Newbie questions

mercurius

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class 180 AMG Line Premium
Good morning,
I've just joined the Club and the forum, having just bought my first Mercedes at the weekend (a B-Class AMG Line 180 Premium).

Could I ask a few questions:
- car and boot mats: can you suggest where to buy good quality but reasonably priced rubber mats. I find the material mats that come with the car get dirty very quickly and are hard to keep clean.

- screenwash: my dealer told me to use Mercedes Benz screenwash. Where doo you get yours? I assume it would be cheaper online. I am wary of using petrol station carwash after problems with my previous car (a BMW) where the screenwasher bottle filter got clogged up by the bog standard screenwash I used. It costs me £65 to sort that out - and it happened twice. So, after that I always used the recommended BMW make.

- screen scraper: any suggestions as to where to get a good one?

- independent Mercedes servicing: how do you find these people and read reviews about their services and costs? I'm based in Somerset

Thanks for any advice.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Good morning,

- screenwash: my dealer told me to use Mercedes Benz screenwash. Where doo you get yours? I assume it would be cheaper online. I am wary of using petrol station carwash after problems with my previous car (a BMW) where the screenwasher bottle filter got clogged up by the bog standard screenwash I used. It costs me £65 to sort that out - and it happened twice. So, after that I always used the recommended BMW make.

I'm sure that MB screen wash will be more than good enough but just don't use el-cheapo screen wash .... any decent recognised manufacturer screen wash will be OK :)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Welcome - I bought some Mercedes screen wash on eBay from one of the Mercedes dealers on there (just checked, mtvparts which is a Mercedes truck dealer). I also bought some original Mercedes rubber mats on eBay, again from a Mercedes dealer, but can’t remember who.

There is a very highly regarded India in Somerset, often on here @Steve@Avantgarde

PaulG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class W211 E240 Elegance

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
As others, the ebay is good for mats. Some good deals on rubber mats that will fit your car. Screen Wash - halfords or general brands are fine. Try and buy concentrated that you can mix your yourself, much better value than pre-mixed bottles. I'm using holts screen wash in mine at the moment. Welcome to the fold by the way!

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I never use MB screen wash. Just buy a concentrated mix from a known brand. I buy 5 litre bottles and dilute them in the container - just add some to your washer to create space in the container. I'll admit that I tend to run slightly more concentrated than may be needed for the current weather, but then that's to ensure that as winter approaches the headlamp washers don't have too diluted fluid in them to not freeze.

Can't help with an independent in Somerset, but when you compare the costs against dealer prices you can save money even if you need to travel a bit further.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom