No gears

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Just been out in sl 10 mins from home when got suddenly lost power put me foot down just revved put built up speed very slowly so pulled over put into N then into drive then had no gears at all so turned off car then turned back on and everything back to normal. No warning lights came on ,so have not got a clue any ideas peps thanks

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Could be the speed sensor on the electroplate is failing. You need the gearbox codes read to be certain. Have you had the ATF changed lately? Its due every 37k miles.

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Could be the speed sensor on the electroplate is failing. You need the gearbox codes read to be certain. Have you had the ATF changed lately? Its due every 37k miles.

Thanks for ya reply ,sorry to sound dumb but not sure what ATF stands for,just been out again and no probs at all,I've only done 8000 miles since I've had the car,the car as nearly 70.000 on it,had the car 15 months,

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Sorry yes I am dumb ,no I haven't had the ATF changed since I've had the car,I'm having a b service done in June same time as mot due,it's saying on dash that it's 30 days over but I haven't done the miles since the last service

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
What kind of history did the car have before you got it?
I'm also wondering ATF fluid for a start but you need fault codes checking asap- worth bringing your B service forward and add ATF change?
I'm wondering if it's ever been done....

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
What kind of history did the car have before you got it?
I'm also wondering ATF fluid for a start but you need fault codes checking asap- worth bringing your B service forward and add ATF change?
I'm wondering if it's ever been done....

Will check all that ,and yes think your right bring B service forward now
Thanks for replys peps

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
taking car over Friday to me inde guy acms ,Walsall, tell him what's happend and book it in for b service,hopefully it's nothing to bad,will let you know when he's sorted it

Bugbarf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML280 S 2007
Just been out in sl 10 mins from home when got suddenly lost power put me foot down just revved put built up speed very slowly so pulled over put into N then into drive then had no gears at all so turned off car then turned back on and everything back to normal. No warning lights came on ,so have not got a clue any ideas peps thanks

Had exactly same issue with my ML a couple of months ago, it was speed sensor

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

My SL500 service book diesn't mention ATF changes at all! Had mine done a month ago anyway as a precaution.

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
My SL500 service book diesn't mention ATF changes at all! Had mine done a month ago anyway as a precaution.

This was really bugging me so I finished work early took it over to me inde,about 12 miles away drove perfect,told him and said same as you guys booked in now end next week for b service and will put on star check whatever and I'm getting ATF changed anyway, looked in service book it as been changed at 39000 with a b service at merc in Chelsea,car as done just under 70000.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
This was really bugging me so I finished work early took it over to me inde,about 12 miles away drove perfect,told him and said same as you guys booked in now end next week for b service and will put on star check whatever and I'm getting ATF changed anyway, looked in service book it as been changed at 39000 with a b service at merc in Chelsea,car as done just under 70000.

Great- and good to hear the ATF was changed more or less in line! Good luck

OP
P

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
Well sl went in for b service yesterday ,I've had no more probs with it going into limp mode since Put this on here,the a.t.f was changed at 40000miles according to service book ,Chelsea merc ,car as just under 70000 on clock now,my inde checked it said its perfectly fine no need to change it for another 10000 miles so car was put on star he does this anyway part of b service found out it was a air pipe had come off sucking in air hence limp mode,anyway put back on and fine again air con was little low he sorted that gave it a valet inside out side ,every think good again ,
So thanks Marc at amcs merc ,won't take me car any were else really knows his stuff ,think. good price as well £388 with vat ,

Top Bottom