No MAF! W168 Diesel

pytchley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A170CDI 2000 Diesel
Blank MAF mount.jpg I'm baffled... I'm fixing up a 2000 170 CDi which hasn't run for some years. It's coming back to life quite nicely except it won't rev over 3000 RPM and is very sluggish. Changed the fuel filter to no avail so thought it might be the MAF. I have the workshop manual which indicates it's location but there is nothing there (or anywhere else I can see). There is it's mounting flange just below and behind the oil cap but it is blank, no hole, no sign of any cable either. Is this normal? The manual and everything I can find on the net says it should have one. All the vendors list the part. I'll include a picture. May be it's normal, if so any other ideas? There are no error codes on the OBD which says the ERG is OK. The can of fuel I put in is a couple of years old so I'm off to get some fresh tomorrow but it starts and runs (slowly) very well. If I hold the throttle fully open there is a tiny misfire as it turns over just over 3000RPM. Any ideas anyone?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you're revving it in neutral most MBs won't go past 3000 rpm to prevent engine damage.

OP
pytchley

pytchley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A170CDI 2000 Diesel
Thanks for the reply, I didn't know that. I'll give it a road test as soon as possible but it was like that when i drove it home. I'll keep you posted.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom