no wonder the NHS is in dire straights

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
a man who was declared fit for discharge from hospital 2 years ago but refused to leave has been removed by court order , his refusal to leave despite numerous offers of accommodation elsewhere has cost the tax payer 300k ! this is just one isolated case so how many more of these unwanted guests are our hospitals putting up with ??:evil:

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
a man who was declared fit for discharge from hospital 2 years ago but refused to leave has been removed by court order , his refusal to leave despite numerous offers of accommodation elsewhere has cost the tax payer 300k ! this is just one isolated case so how many more of these unwanted guests are our hospitals putting up with ??:evil:

Maybe they should have removed him via the morgue?

"Well yes sir you can stay here, but this is the morphine overdose ward, to qualify you'll need to inject 800mg..."

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ha yeah craig or drug him and move him to a bench in the local park ! :p

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Every day a bed is blocked in an acute hospital it costs the on average NHS £400-600. That becomes more when you also add in the delays to the care of the people trying to come through the hospital that the Trust cannot be getting revenue for.

This is why social care needs to be able to take people who need community care into the system quickly. You get the cases where it is the patient being the blockage, but compared to those who are not able to vacate the bed due to social care issues, its a drop in the ocean.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
The solution is obviously to throw more money at it, that will solve the problem.
according to some people the NHS has been underfunded for years, they are only the 7th largest employer on the planet for goodness sake ! I mean if we cant compete with the peoples liberation army of China and the United States army in the funding stakes there's clearly something wrong somewhere.
someone has to look after our old folk, it may as well be the NHS.
Who needs care homes just leave them all in hospital till they croak.
Its only tax payers money after all.
Plenty more where that came from.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
they are only the 7th largest employer on the planet for goodness sake !

This is a daft statistic. They are a health service, comprised of many separate employers. I bet if you looked at other countries health services, they would employ far more people. The NHS is one of the cheapest out there, as a % of GDP.

Last edited:

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
So because we have a huge economy its ok to have a huge NHS ?
I do not understand this logic, what we should be looking for is value for money. The NHS is to big and like most huge organisations, it is hopelessly inefficient , especially in the way it spends our money.
There are 65m people in the UK 1.7m of them work in the NHS,
That imho is a disproportionately large figure.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
I do not understand this logic, what we should be looking for is value for money. The NHS is to big and like most huge organisations, it is hopelessly inefficient , especially in the way it spends our money.

Well we need to compare it to other countries. Providing Healthcare is a people intensive business.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It isn't hopelessly inefficient though it offers bargain basement healthcare to every man and his dog, well maybe not dogs (yet) from conception to death all your healthcare needs 24-7 its cheap.

Its roughly £2,000 per head per year and that includes any one who wants to wander in from around Europe or stuff themselves with drink drugs or food.

It has access in its workforce for us to the countries brightest people where a sea of A* results is just the beginning of years of study.

Its too cheap and consequentially some treat it with disdain.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

I presume these 1.7m also pay tax?

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's

Per head the USA spends three times as much on health as we do yet a significant proportion of Americans have no health care at all, they also have a younger age profile than we do. The NHS by any comparison with any economy in the western world is a bargain, you must stop reading the Daily Express/Mail/Telegraph/Sun/Star. The people that write their articles are the prostitutes of their owners

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
we do need to invest in the NHS more thow , giving our income tax revenue away so that other less well off countries can join the space race is an f'in disgrace , you should look after your own before you start on trying to save the rest of the world

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
What astounds me is just what was the hospital management doing for TWO WHOLE YEARS?

The chap was obviously either a nutcase or had some sort of serious security issues, but how on earth could he be allowed to remain occupying a bed for TWO YEARS after he was supposedly well enough to be discharged? I would have thought that surely the situation was serious enough to have kicked off the legal process after two or three months ?

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
What astounds me is just what was the hospital management doing for TWO WHOLE YEARS?

Interdepartmental action plans, risk assessments, primary care package offer, rejection, referrals, case conference, referral, suitability assessment, offer, rejection, Interdepartmental action plan, further risk assessment, secondary care package offer, second rejection, re-referral, further case conferences, more referrals, more suitability assessments ..

Would have been less expensive to buy him a house but that would open the floodgates!

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
The buck stops here in my eyes .After this load of drag artists have given away 3 Trillion pounds of hard cash to others in the world . When we need it here .. They go about with blinkers on .And onlt see half the problem

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
Much of the money given away as you say is linked to exports, we'll give you this much money but you must buy our tanks/guns/ with it. It's not free money.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
To my fleeting aside about dogs, someone mentioned the cost of Insuring their big daft dog, the renewal quote wan't far off the cost per month of the NHS per person because of a pre existing condition.

That also came with a claim limit, no ambulance,no district nurse,etc etc.

By all means improve it, restrict its cover and to who,
but the NHS is fundamentally a great British Institution just like another often maligned one the BBC.

Go to the USA experience its cheque book eye wateringly dear health care and its abysmal TV where often you pay to watch adverts just like Sky here.

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
Maybe they should have removed him via the morgue?

"Well yes sir you can stay here, but this is the morphine overdose ward, to qualify you'll need to inject 800mg..."

doesnt appear to say but all I can assume is that he was under a certain age because the morgue is the usual exit route!

or he was there to skew the stats

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The story is as often not what it appears;

"He was assessed and deemed ready for ongoing residential care, but the hospital says the man "repeatedly" refused all of the care options put forward and they couldn't make him leave without his consent to being discharged"

The story as initially reported left out that the man was it appears in care and going back to it.

Having had to get some elderly relatives out of hospital the pressure to remove them is quick and persistent, usually too early but that's another story.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Yeah, that's true - but two years???

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom