noisy 230 E -86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello

I think that my car is louder than it was before?
engine is giving lots of vibrations to cars body. because the vibrations are related to rpm, not speed, I think that it can't be anything wrong with the propeller. How I can check that motor seats are OK, visually those are looking ok, but I dont know if those will absorbe vibrations anymore.

car is shaking a little when idle too, but not so much.
if I open hood and look for the motor it is acting/vibrating like normal motors do.

sorry my bad english

Oskari from Finland

NormanB

Reaction score
Hi Oskari

Have you had any part of exhaust system changed recently?

I ask because I noticed increased noise/vibration sometime after exhaust copmonent change - anyway to cut a long story short the 'fitter' had forgotton to fit the clamp/support at gearbox end. Interestingly while underneath and giving it a good optical bollicking noticed missing propshaft bolt - phew!  Replaced bolt and exhaust clamp - result - nice (relative silence and no vibration!).

Good luck!

OP
O
Reaction score
Hello

I found the reason for vibrations. It was broken motor seat. Motor seat looked to be ok, but when looking it more i found that left one was pressed down more than left one. When I changed it, it feels that i am driving with totally different car now. I recommend to check those seats to everyone who thinks that their merc. is louder than it should be. the cap between aluminium cover on the seat and car body should be at least 1,5 cm. if it is less then you can start thinking if motor seat needs replasement.

Oskari

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom