Noisy Engine needing fine tuning

titch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 2003
Hi All,

Just need to be pointed in the right direction. I've had loads of work done on my SL55. It was stood for 1 year as was not running right.

All has been sorted by Andy from Eurocharged including remap, new pulleys, full service, brake discs and pads, suspension rebuild etc etc. Car is a beast now.

The problem: the engine seems to run loud.. can't describe it.. like its not running correctly... the power delivery and driving is fine but it just doesn't run smooth. It has nothing to do with the remap so wanted someone to tune it to see if it quietens down... used to run really smooth that you couldn't tell the engine was running.... now you literally vibrate in the car hahahaha..

Any one know of anyone who can look into timing issues and pressures in the cylinders etc.. I'm in west London...

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Engine/gearbox mount problem?

OP
T

titch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 2003
Sounds good...I'll PM you

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
No problem titch Im in Harrow North west london :D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom