Noisy folding mirrors on w204

Scoob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C350 CDI Sport Estate
Bit of a thread resurrection, but I guess that just means people are interested :)

Anyway, I had the noisy mirrors issue on mine. Apparently, this known issue is not to do with lubrication, rather it's a design fault in the control for the mirrors. They fold in, but the motor keeps going for about another second after the mirror has already hit its limit of travel, this then makes a noise as the motor strains.

My car only got the issue when the weather was cold and damp, possibly because the motor was straining more, but the fix MB applied pretty much fixed it.

Note: since the fix was applied I see errors (open circuit) in XENTRY regarding my mirrors, but they seem to fold just fine.

Scoob.

Gooner89

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 CDI SPORT 2008
Bit of a thread resurrection, but I guess that just means people are interested :)

Anyway, I had the noisy mirrors issue on mine. Apparently, this known issue is not to do with lubrication, rather it's a design fault in the control for the mirrors. They fold in, but the motor keeps going for about another second after the mirror has already hit its limit of travel, this then makes a noise as the motor strains.

My car only got the issue when the weather was cold and damp, possibly because the motor was straining more, but the fix MB applied pretty much fixed it.

Note: since the fix was applied I see errors (open circuit) in XENTRY regarding my mirrors, but they seem to fold just fine.

Scoob.
Just wanted to bump this thread. I'm a new owner of a Mercedes-Benz (bought second hand). I've got this issue with my car. I think anyway. I seem to have a screechy/squeaky noise after my mirrors are either folded when closed or when open. I don't think it's a lubrication issue but a motor issue like you suggested.

What fix did MB apply for your car ? My car is the w204 08 cdi sport.

Thanks.

Top Bottom