1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTG4.5 to 4.7 retrofit?

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Christopher Martino, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Christopher Martino

Christopher Martino Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    E220 2014 2.2
    So I’ve seen an NTG4.7 unit pop up cheap on eBay and I was wondering what the advantages are over the NTG4.5, my car is. 63 plate W212 E class, but it just missed out on the flat fronted Commsnd system by months.

What advantages does the NTG4.7 have?

2. Botus

Botus Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S500/2010/500
    http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+++All+about+the+different+Mercedes+COMAND+systems-article-54.html

NTG4.7 is the internal name for the 2nd generation of NTG4.5 hardware which supports Bluetooth PAN which allows online access using an iPhone. The NTG4.7 hardware is different to the NTG4.5 hardware.

If you don't have it I'd probably add a DAB tuner instead - what you have has this capability
    The system supports (optionally) the Media Interface (fully integrated iPod kit), integrated dual-tuner DAB digital radio, Harmon Kardon (option 810) and B&O (option 811) depending on which model serials it is integrated in. It also supports Digital TV.

3. Alfie

Alfie Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
    As BOTUS has said plus the 4.7 unit is not the flat fronted one as fitted to the facelifted NTG5*1 cars. 4.7 will look identical to what you now have except it will work with an iphone much better.