O3 Vito W639 door problem

toppotter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
vito 03

Hi, the nearside front door lock will unlock with the central locking but not lock.
I can hear clicking in the door on locking but the button does not retract. The button can be manually depressed and the door is locked. The button will pop up and open with the central locking.

Im guessing this is some sort of fault with the actuator. Has anyone done this is it a esy job, I ouldnt find any you tube videos for this repair.

Thanks in advance

nigekb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Vito 111cdi 2006

Hi, the nearside front door lock will unlock with the central locking but not lock.
I can hear clicking in the door on locking but the button does not retract. The button can be manually depressed and the door is locked. The button will pop up and open with the central locking.

Im guessing this is some sort of fault with the actuator. Has anyone done this is it a esy job, I ouldnt find any you tube videos for this repair.

Thanks in advance
Hi, I have the same problem with my vito, did you manage to fix yours and how ? Please.

Paul Goff

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 C220CDi CD Estate
Hello Chaps,

I have to say that I have no idea if the lock mechanism on Vitos is the same but have a look at item 172334380364 on Ebay ;-)

Bouncing/sticking/jamming locks are well known on some Mercedes cars!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom