Oh Deary me .. has my wonderful local Main Dealer adopted the new MB Philosophy!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Funny you say that.
I know a bunch of old style MB owners, and they reckon we get the level of service we deserve.
The fact people like you think I am outrageously fussy, and just accept being ripped off .. allowed Mercedes to move from fabulous customer service to treating everyone as if they had bought a Ford! :):)

What gives you the false impression I accept being ripped off?
I never said you were outrageously fussy either.
But............you are the only Mercedes owner on this, and the other UK forum, who has a new problem every week/day be it real or imagined.
Even when nothing is wrong you are pulling the car to bits and asking questions.
Did you know there are some members that have stopped visiting here because of the inane postings of imaginary problems?
We haven't met, and I'm sure you are a decent chap, but please, please, just enjoy your car when it is returned, and don't compare apples to oranges ( GLC v S Class is never a fair comparison)

Finally, I think you should realise that Mercedes and Ford share a lot of things. One, they are now mainstream car manufacturers and the mystique and splendour of Mercedes are long gone. Two, like Ford, they sell cars to the masses and are no longer exclusive. I think you'll find their service level is probably similar to Fords, which may be either good , fair or bad dependant on where you go. The same could be said of Audi BMW and a host of others.

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I'd have blasted it with an impact wrench 4 seconds, cleaned it up, then nip up with a socket all in all <3 mins work. Then test again notice there's no comms and suggest you buy a new ABS module (as they are DTF and yours very oddly just got to the 7 to 9 year time to fail deadline)

it would be lovely to think an earth caused it, but that's as likely as me winning the lottery tonight

Sadly I have the same feeling .. one just doesnt get that lucky.
Phoned up they have not got to it .. which is fine as it was not booked.

At least the girl did say and yes we noted you wanted to talk to the Agent before they commence work.
And then went on to say their std. approach is hit it with an initial £160 diagnostics job and take it from there.
I would like them to skip that and sort the earth out .. see if the messages go. If they do Then star it ... and if that's clear .. thank you very much.

If not then extend that Star initial test to drill down and IF the fault is showing do their tests.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom