Oh well, the search for another car continues.

NatT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS500
Well after my last post earlier this month, I settled for another BM'er but this time the E64 V8 Convertible. I picked it up last Tuesday. Black with cream interior and massive spec, 3 previous owners and only 70k miles. While the V8's go well when there running right, when they're not they're not. It went back to the dealer on Friday with multiple problems with none of them cheap to fix.

Anyway, I decided it was back to looking for either a CLS or ML V8 and had a look at a CLS55 today that turned out to be one of those cars that was "just driven" by an owner who didn't like spending anything on it. Shame really as it would of made a good car.

On the way back I noticed a 2008 58 plate CLK350 Convertible on a forecourt that looked quite nice with pretty good spec but had done 189k miles! What are these like to live with even with the higher car tax rates?

Ideally, I'd like to hold out for a V8 CLS but the CLK cabs can be had quite cheap with a late decent one for not a lot of money.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom