P0107 Fault MAP sensor location

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
Car was running really well until the other day when it developed a slight misfire which steadily got worse. Luckily I managed to get home but before it would not rev at all without cutting out.

I recently purchased an Icarsoft MB11 scanner so I connected it up and got the following message:

P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/ Barometric pressure circuit low

After some research I assumed this to be the MAP sensor that was the problem so ordered a new one which arrived today.

Fitted it today and no improvement. The part number of the original is A005 153 50 28 and the new one is exactly the same but a copy of the OEM.

The part I changed sits on the top of the right hand air filter (viewed from the front). There is no mention or picture of this sensor in the MB workshop manual.

Have I changed the wrong sensor or is the MAP sensor somewhere else on the engine?

Car is September 2006 CLS 320

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor

Would the missing word on the end of that code be 'voltage' by any chance? I'm not a diesel man by any means but this code smells of a bad connection. From memory, these sensors should have a 5 volt feed and if the sensor is not receiving the full voltage then the readings it's sending to the ECU will be useless. I've had low voltage issues on mine and it turned out to be oil in the ECU plug. I suggest you get your multi-meter out and check your line in voltage.

OP

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
Would the missing word on the end of that code be 'voltage' by any chance? I'm not a diesel man by any means but this code smells of a bad connection. From memory, these sensors should have a 5 volt feed and if the sensor is not receiving the full voltage then the readings it's sending to the ECU will be useless. I've had low voltage issues on mine and it turned out to be oil in the ECU plug. I suggest you get your multi-meter out and check your line in voltage.
Many thanks for your suggestion.
I take it that you mean the plug on the sensor itself or are you refering to the main ECU plug? I will attempt to test the voltage tomorrow. The message didn't include the word 'voltage' but it would be feasible.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
I have the carsoft diagnostics which is pc based, it has a fair amount of electrical drawings in it, i'll check if it has yours. If it has it should tell me the line voltage, the pin no. at the ECU and the wire colours at the sensor.

I'll try and get it done tomorrow evening.

Please be patient, i promised to do a load of stuff before going back to work and i...erm...havn't. It's going to be a busy few days!!!

OP

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
I have the carsoft diagnostics which is pc based, it has a fair amount of electrical drawings in it, i'll check if it has yours. If it has it should tell me the line voltage, the pin no. at the ECU and the wire colours at the sensor.

I'll try and get it done tomorrow evening.

Please be patient, i promised to do a load of stuff before going back to work and i...erm...havn't. It's going to be a busy few days!!!
Thanks again, your help is really appreciated.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Car was running really well until the other day when it developed a slight misfire which steadily got worse. Luckily I managed to get home but before it would not rev at all without cutting out.

I recently purchased an Icarsoft MB11 scanner so I connected it up and got the following message:

After some research I assumed this to be the MAP sensor that was the problem so ordered a new one which arrived today.

Fitted it today and no improvement. The part number of the original is A005 153 50 28 and the new one is exactly the same but a copy of the OEM.

The part I changed sits on the top of the right hand air filter (viewed from the front). There is no mention or picture of this sensor in the MB workshop manual.

Have I changed the wrong sensor or is the MAP sensor somewhere else on the engine?

Car is September 2006 CLS 320

MAP sensors reside on the inlet manifold.. The sensor near the aircleaner would be you MAF - totally different and has nothing to do with manifold pressure.
Manifold pressure faults usually are caused by split hoses or intercooler.

Ian.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
I've just googled his part number, its definitely the MAP sensor. I'd agree with the split hose but was under the impression that split hoses on the pressure side are usually accompanied by clouds of smoke. But i'm no diesel expert, as stated before.

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
Unfortunately my Carsoft only covers CLS up to June 2006. So i have no electrical drawings for yours. Following previous looms the supply voltage should be 5V and more often than not is a Red/Yellow wire.

I did find an example of a split hose on the intercooler, but hoses have a bad habit of failing anyway. My mates Jag had a 40mm tear in his intercooler hose but that laid down so much smoke you couldn't see the car behind!!

Sorry i couldn't help further.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
There are two pressure sensors on these. One on the air filter housing is barometric pressure, one near the front of the engine, just under a resonator box near the glow module is the boost or manifold pressure sensor. If not using star you may get a generic code, rather than one that pinpoints the exact sensor at fault. Iirc the boost sensor is the same part number as the barometric sensor.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
There are two pressure sensors on these. One on the air filter housing is barometric pressure, one near the front of the engine, just under a resonator box near the glow module is the boost or manifold pressure sensor. If not using star you may get a generic code, rather than one that pinpoints the exact sensor at fault. Iirc the boost sensor is the same part number as the barometric sensor.

That makes more sense.

Ian.

OP

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
Unfortunately my Carsoft only covers CLS up to June 2006. So i have no electrical drawings for yours. Following previous looms the supply voltage should be 5V and more often than not is a Red/Yellow wire.

I did find an example of a split hose on the intercooler, but hoses have a bad habit of failing anyway. My mates Jag had a 40mm tear in his intercooler hose but that laid down so much smoke you couldn't see the car behind!!

Sorry i couldn't help further.
Many thanks for trying to help.

OP

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
Thanks to all for help and suggestions and I am happy to say that the problem (i think) was a faulty Map sensor connector. Managed to change and all 'seems' well....fingers crossed!

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
Glad you have a result. Poor electrical connections have been the bain of my life. You don't need much corrosion, barely able to see with the naked eye, and everything on the low voltage side goes to pot. The CAN lines are even worse. Really pleased your sorted, but i'd do a bit of research on electrical cleaners and 'reseating' electrical connectors.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Thanks to all for help and suggestions and I am happy to say that the problem (i think) was a faulty Map sensor connector. Managed to change and all 'seems' well....fingers crossed!
Hi
Thank you for the feedback. I would like to know 2 things.
Which MAP sensor was it, the one in the air filter housing or the one at the front of the engine?
Secondly, what did you find wrong with the connector, was it a loose contact or hardened wire ?
Regards.

OP

320pilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 CLS 320 cdi
Hi
Thank you for the feedback. I would like to know 2 things.
Which MAP sensor was it, the one in the air filter housing or the one at the front of the engine?
Secondly, what did you find wrong with the connector, was it a loose contact or hardened wire ?
Regards.
The one in the air filter housing and it was corrosion in the connector.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom